By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't you own a Wii, 360, or PS3 in 2010?!?

vaio said:
leo-j said:
vaio said:
 Sephiroth357 said:
vaio said:
I own Wii & 360 the reason I haven´t bought PS3 is that it´s still not worth the price it costs.

You're right its worth more.

Hardly, it´s was way overpriced to begin with and still is.

Hater much?

For a product that does more than any other console out there, you really shouldn't say its not worth as much as its selling for.. I for one own a ps3, and can say its WELL WORTH the $599 I payed at launch, and more..

ofcourse I have a PS3.. you have no ps3, so you wouldn't know much now would you, all you would know how to do is to hate, since thats all you can do without a ps3.

=(

Hs noting to do with hate and its nice for you that its worh it for you.

The features you value has no value for me, like blureay means nothing to me only games means something.

I'm guessing being blind to the last 3 years of gaming is also something of value to you, because out of all the consoles the ps3 has been getting the most quality ip the past 2 years..

ON TOPIC:

I don't have a wii because I don't have the money for it "yet" but I may get one as soon as the end of the month.

mM
Around the Network
Sephiroth357 said:
vaio said:
I own Wii & 360 the reason I haven´t bought PS3 is that it´s still not worth the price it costs.

did you do a question thread to flame the honest answers?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I don't spend a ton of money on games (I am a poor college student), so buying a PS3 or a 360 would be a full year of game budget for me. I'd rather have 4-5 new Wii games than a PS3 or 360 and no games.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

leo-j said:
vaio said:
leo-j said:
vaio said:
 Sephiroth357 said:
vaio said:

Hater much?

For a product that does more than any other console out there, you really shouldn't say its not worth as much as its selling for.. I for one own a ps3, and can say its WELL WORTH the $599 I payed at launch, and more..

ofcourse I have a PS3.. you have no ps3, so you wouldn't know much now would you, all you would know how to do is to hate, since thats all you can do without a ps3.

=(

The features you value has no value for me, like blureay means nothing to me only games means something.

I'm guessing being blind to the last 3 years of gaming is also something of value to you, because out of all the consoles the ps3 has been getting the most quality ip the past 2 years..

ON TOPIC:

I don't have a wii because I don't have the money for it "yet" but I may get one as soon as the end of the month.

No not blind there were games I was Interested in but almost all went to the 360 so it became even more overpriced for me (this is a discussion from a personal view and not a general one).

There is 3 remaining games that are a must have for me and that is MGS, Wipeout and Heavy Rain. Paying that much for playing 3 games makes the console overpriced.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

leo-j said:
vaio said:
 Sephiroth357 said:
vaio said:

Hater much?

=(

To each his own. To me, PS3 is not even worth $300, but that's mainly because I already decided to buy a 360, which has most of the good games PS3 has and was a far better value way back when I decided to buy it. Now if I didn't buy a 360 and I looked at the value of both as of now, I probably would have thought the PS3 to be the better value and would have bought it instead. But that's Sony's fault for launching the PS3 for $600.

Really, the 360 itself takes value out of the PS3 and vise versa, becuase they are so similar. That is why most resoruceful gamers own either Wii60, or WiiS3 (or all 3 if they are rich or have a lot of time on their hands). The foolish combo to have IMO is PS360.

Around the Network
vaio said:
leo-j said:
vaio said:
leo-j said:
vaio said:
 Sephiroth357 said:
vaio said:

Hater much?

=(

ON TOPIC:

No not blind there were games I was Interested in but almost all went to the 360 so it became even more overpriced for me (this is a discussion from a personal view and not a general one).

There is 3 remaining games that are a must have for me and that is MGS, Wipeout and Heavy Rain. Paying that much for playing 3 games makes the console overpriced.

I guess I really can't respond with much, other than saying its sad that you aren't interested in more ip like Uncharted 2, some experiences bring something better than anything on other consoles..

@Metallicube

I can agree with the "360 takes value out of ps3" stand, but I disagree about the foolish combo thing, I personally am happy that I have both a ps3 and a 360. They aren't similar at all, other than the fact they share most multi platform titles.

mM

360 - I can get the better version of most games "console exclusive" to it on the PC.

Wii - My house-mate's gf has one, and she basically lives here.

leo-j said:
vaio said:
leo-j said:
vaio said:
leo-j said:
vaio said:
 Sephiroth357 said:
vaio said:

Hater much?

=(

ON TOPIC:

I guess I really can't respond with much, other than saying its sad that you aren't interested in more ip like Uncharted 2, some experiences bring something better than anything on other consoles..

@Metallicube

I can agree with the "360 takes value out of ps3" stand, but I disagree about the foolish combo thing, I personally am happy that I have both a ps3 and a 360. They aren't similar at all, other than the fact they share most multi platform titles.

Well i could be my next favourite franchise but I am not taking a chance on that for that kind of money and even if it was thats 4 games that would be must buys and its still not enough.

For a console at 250 pricepoint (that pricepoint is only acceptable at launch as time goes by that ammount goes down) has to have at least 6 must buy games for it to be worth the buy and at 300 and only 3 games possibly 4 games it has still a long way to go to become priceworthy for me.

Sony lost me when they lost tekken and FF to 360 that to me made the console priceworthy at 200.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

My policy is basically, have I got my money's worth with the systems I already have? Yes? Can I name a good dozen or so games I'd want on the platform I consider purchasing next? Yes? Then I'll consider buying. I definitely got my money's worth from the 360 and DS and out of Wii, PS3 and PSP, I'm most interested in the Wii so that'll be the next platform I get (please no Wii HD or Wii 2 anytime soon or else I'll scream). It just feels like it hasn't been long since I bought the 360 (along with the accessories and flood of games I got for it) and I want to uhh not spend so much for awhile longer. lol.

That all said, I could easily ride out this entire gen with the 360 and DS because it seems like games come out faster than you can play them. There are a lot of games I want to play that I haven't got around to playing yet.

Wii - not interest in the type of game thats on the system.
DS - ... I really want to get it for the bacllog of RPG but I've got too much to chew through 'as is' to bother right now.