By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which game is going to top March 2010 NPD software charts?

1.) FF XIII
2.) BFBC 2
3.) God of War 3

EDIT: I'm an IDIOT. I thought you meant WW March. Lol

In that case

1.) BFBC 2

2.) FF XIII

3.) GoW 3

Around the Network
Noobie said:

GOWIII, Sony is really week in advertising so far.. They are short of cash and they still have to do a lot better in marketing to make their game sell as much as they deserve.. But GOWIII is a big franchise and its the last of the series and if they put a little effort they r going to get a lot of sales...

Now that's the biggest load of bs I've seen. And it's "weak" by the way (not "week").

Their TV commercials with the dude are way better than anything from MS or Nintendo these days. Have you forgotten 7/11 GOW3 cups?!

^ while they are better than what they have done in the past, a ad needs to be measure in how well it helps sell its product. so far based on NPD it hasn't helped where as Nintnedo's and Microsoft's seem to be helping alot. i will say sony is putting alot of effort into advertising but it doesn't seem to be helping software sells

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

Going to have to go with the Pokemon game hands down. How many of those games come out in February? Does Pokemon come out in March?

Kinect! who needs video games!

dolemit3 said:
Pokemon will probably take the top spot.

Top two spots you mean. ;)

Around the Network

Pokemon

It's just that simple.

Pokemon has 2 weeks, I'm pretty sure that is enough to get both SS and HG well over 1 mil. I don't see anything rivaling this except maybe GOW III. So I believe top 3 will be these three games with a slight edge to GOW as it has only 1 SKU.

Seeing though that the other main competitors are multiplats though (FFXIII, BF:BC2) I would say that combining all versions, I think it would go Pokemon, BF:BC2, and then FFXIII or GOW III

Blue3 said:
Noobie said:

GOWIII, Sony is really week in advertising so far.. They are short of cash and they still have to do a lot better in marketing to make their game sell as much as they deserve.. But GOWIII is a big franchise and its the last of the series and if they put a little effort they r going to get a lot of sales...

Now that's the biggest load of bs I've seen. And it's "weak" by the way (not "week").

Their TV commercials with the dude are way better than anything from MS or Nintendo these days. Have you forgotten 7/11 GOW3 cups?!

Thanks for the correction.. 

I m not saying that they have bad ads.. they have reasonably good ads.. but how many they r showing.? i think a lot less.. Secondly MS start marketing campaign weeks before the launch but Sony only start advertising in the launch week.. So i think they are low on cash that maybe the reason. But they dont build the hype... MS bombard the general public and the hype is in general public not on internet goers.. Not even 1% of the ppl visit forums and keep update on new games... So that wot i m saying that Sony needs to improve. start advertising at all time n well before the launch.. But 7/11 is definitely a good idea..

pokemon its huge then god of war

Fuck

I thought DS has lot of piracy in US... btw wot did the last Pokemon did in US first month.?