By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who wants a "newly" designed Playstation controller when the Ps4 launches?

Who wants a "newly" designed Playstation controller when the Ps4 launches?

Yes - Change is good 125 33.24%

No - If it isn't broke don't fix it 251 66.76%

Total:376

I've heard alot of people saying "It's about time that SONY changed the PlayStation controller" --------- "It's too small for my hands" etc etc  

So we've had "roughly" the same controller for 15yrs now, do you think Sony should design a completley new controller for the release of the PlayStation 4 or should they stick with whats served them so very well for so many years now? 

To be honest I'm leaning towards the latter, I've never had any problems with the Dualshock controllers, maybe there's a bit of a "Nostalgic" feeling over-shadowing my views, Yes sometimes change is good but on the other hand I feel that "If it isn't broke don't fix it".

Or maybe some of you's would like the "Boomerang" to step up to the plate?

Around the Network

NEVER! My hands were made for the Playstation Controller!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Boomerang FTW! :D At least it comes back and hits you in the head when you throw it in frustration aye?

The only think I'd want is for the R2 and L2 buttons to be a little stiffer without having to buy add-ons to make them stiffer. The Playstation controller is still the best controller ever make.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I honestly don't care, as long as its user friendly

mM
Around the Network

they said the boomerang proved uncomfortable for hands and chose the classic beloved one

i'm sticking with our DS3, but i think that in certain way the Arc controller is trying to be the next controller for the PS4.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

I happen to love the Dualshock design and feel, right from the start. It would be fun to see what they could drum up though so I hope they'll make an effort with the next one!
That said, new isn't the same as good or better, I have yet to find a controller I like as much as the N64 one despite many people hating it...

the classic is perfect.
i hope it never changes, they can change whatever technology inside it that they want but i love that design
my hands have over 10 years of history and familiarity with it, and it's part of their image.

oh god yeah

easily worst controller in my house (all 3 systems bitches ;))

its tiny, the buttons are not pressure sensitive, its too light maybe, and the triggers are HORRIBLE any one who disagrees is kidding themselves.

the way the back triggers snap back is irritating, and the front ones have no pressure sensitivity, really hurting fps and driving games

i can deal with it, and its no problem. but after ps1, ps2, and ps3, its time to make a true NEW CONTROLLER.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889