By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Halo: Reach Thread

Carl2291 said:

Playing SWAT.

I'm shooting at some guy across the map.

Other guy runs across my screen when I'm shooting.

I shoot him in the head.

I get booted.

Fuck you, Bungie.

There's a lot of this crap going on. Someone snipes me in the back. I return the favor with a shotgun to the back, and I get booted? Thanks a lot.

Also, I jump from the top of the Spire to the lift on the ground that catches me, shoots me up a few feet, and as soon as I touch the ground, it's a suicide. So, I guess if I spawn at the top of the Spire, there's no way for me to get down until I die or commit suicide, right Bungie?

EDIT: Also, someone caused the host to shift while I was driving the warthog, and as soon as it finished, we started off in midair off the level and it was a mass suicide. Hurray cheaters!

EDIT 2: Actually, I was sworded in the back, not sniped.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

Halo reach is awesome!

Gruntapocolypse is not as easy as it seems...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
themanwithnoname said:
Carl2291 said:

Playing SWAT.

I'm shooting at some guy across the map.

Other guy runs across my screen when I'm shooting.

I shoot him in the head.

I get booted.

Fuck you, Bungie.

There's a lot of this crap going on. Someone snipes me in the back. I return the favor with a shotgun to the back, and I get booted? Thanks a lot.

Also, I jump from the top of the Spire to the lift on the ground that catches me, shoots me up a few feet, and as soon as I touch the ground, it's a suicide. So, I guess if I spawn at the top of the Spire, there's no way for me to get down until I die or commit suicide, right Bungie?

EDIT: Also, someone caused the host to shift while I was driving the warthog, and as soon as it finished, we started off in midair off the level and it was a mass suicide. Hurray cheaters!

EDIT 2: Actually, I was sworded in the back, not sniped.

I have never died when landing off those bumpers, although I have lost shield. Were you at full health and shield when you jumped? Also if you crouch right before you land from a big fall it reduces the damage you take, try that next time.

As for the betrayal thing, yea it really sucks. I was driving in a tank with a gunner and a teammate jumped on top of our tank and when I went to shoot an enemy my shot hit him making me blow the tank up, commit suicide and betray both my teammates instantaneously which of course led to a boot. Might have been pissed if I wasn't laughing so hard :P

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

wfz said:

*END GAME SPOILERS*

Man oh man I loved this game. Near the end, when they go down into the research lab to grab the vital information and Cortana, and the doctor mentions that Cortana chose ME (the main character) to carry the information to the Pillar of autumn, it hit me right then and there that I thought we were Master Chief (a younger version). The whole deal about Cortana choosing him and the fact that you were then headed to the Pillar of Autumn...

But it turns out we weren't. Now that I've beaten the game, I have mixed feelings, but I suppose this was the better way to finish it. On one hand, it would have been so cool to realize you were a younger Master Chief, but on the other hand I realize that would break the gloom feeling of the end of the game.

Well I am an her so that would have been strange if noble six was misses chief =p..

Btw I have a feeling you missed something.  At the end of the game when the pelican goes into the pillar of autumn you can move he camera to the right..Just for two seconds...Something you would have loved to see;.

Also many people miss the secret data pads in the game.

My opinion about the game is in general posive:

Multiplayer:  Firefight is more awesome;.Only hate rocketfight (where you can get easy an betrayal)
Someone always has to walk under the covenant dropships X_X.

I miss the Halo 3 items, the maps could be better..

But the challenges/commendations are fun :).  Without them I would play a lot less Halo reach MP.
Like some of the armour upgrades but I always end up taking spring or evade...Because without it I feel like walking with a tank..

The campaign is ... short...It has some okay moments;..would give it a 7.
That is more then what I would give the other games campaign. It is full with secrets some I already found but their are plenty of them we have not found yet (someone on bungie.net even said we did not find a secret in Halo 3 btw).  You have the datapads (19 of them) you have the hidden scene when the pelican goes in to the pillar of autumn.

In the mission with the jammers their are hidden switches...activate them and go back to the disco you see a DJ brute and dancing grunts with the song 'never surrender' from Halo 2 CD.

Also like DR. Halsey but I guess many who only played the Halo games felt confused about her...

Overall I am very happy with the game could have been better.  

PS: Also very dissapointed that this thread feels empty.  30 posts from when Halo reach released =p?

Around the Network

It's been too long since being on VGChartz...but with my wedding day fast approaching, work, and college, time just couldn't allow me to be with you all. Great to see the thread being kept up to date. New graphics, news, and metacritic rankings on the OP soon. Thanks for keeping the Halo thread going guys

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

How fast do you think Halo Reach will surpass halo 3 in sales ?

First week sales Reach was around 4 million units -versus- 3.7 million units of Halo 3 ( To me this is the hardcore fans who would rather play the game then have food to eat, and it appears they picked up a few hardcores )

In THREE short weeks Halo Reach has already sold 5.2 MILLION units.. big deal huh ? Actually, YES .. It took Halo 3 ( released Sept 27, 2007 ) alittle over EIGHT weeks to hit the 5 million mark..( accomplished November 30, 2007)

It took Halo 3 TWO years to sell 10 million units..

Will Halo Reach be able to sell 10 million units in ONE year?  Its possible and lets not forget there nearly 400% more Xbox 360 owners NOW (Oct 2010) then there was back in Sept of 2007 - Which makes it even more possible!

Lostplanet22 said:
wfz said:

*END GAME SPOILERS*

Man oh man I loved this game. Near the end, when they go down into the research lab to grab the vital information and Cortana, and the doctor mentions that Cortana chose ME (the main character) to carry the information to the Pillar of autumn, it hit me right then and there that I thought we were Master Chief (a younger version). The whole deal about Cortana choosing him and the fact that you were then headed to the Pillar of Autumn...

But it turns out we weren't. Now that I've beaten the game, I have mixed feelings, but I suppose this was the better way to finish it. On one hand, it would have been so cool to realize you were a younger Master Chief, but on the other hand I realize that would break the gloom feeling of the end of the game.

Well I am an her so that would have been strange if noble six was misses chief =p..

Btw I have a feeling you missed something.  At the end of the game when the pelican goes into the pillar of autumn you can move he camera to the right..Just for two seconds...Something you would have loved to see;.

Multiplayer:  Firefight is more awesome;.Only hate rocketfight (where you can get easy an betrayal)

But the challenges/commendations are fun :).  Without them I would play a lot less Halo reach MP.
Like some of the armour upgrades but I always end up taking spring or evade...Because without it I feel like walking with a tank..

That is more then what I would give the other games campaign. It is full with secrets some I already found but their are plenty of them we have not found yet (someone on bungie.net even said we did not find a secret in Halo 3 btw).  You have the datapads (19 of them) you have the hidden scene when the pelican goes in to the pillar of autumn.

In the mission with the jammers their are hidden switches...activate them and go back to the disco you see a DJ brute and dancing grunts with the song 'never surrender' from Halo 2 CD.

Also like DR. Halsey but I guess many who only played the Halo games felt confused about her...

PS: Also very dissapointed that this thread feels empty.  30 posts from when Halo reach released =p?

You are genius for letting me know about the secrets...i'm gonna have to check them out tomorrow.

yo_john117 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
wfz said:

*END GAME SPOILERS*

You are genius for letting me know about the secrets...i'm gonna have to check them out tomorrow.

You can also get into Halsey's office on the level where you have to protect her, flip a switch and all sorts of goodies await you. Also there is a level where if you co-op campaign two people stand in a certain spot and it triggers a race. I havn't done this yet but it looks like a nice little side track from campaign.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
yo_john117 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
wfz said:

*END GAME SPOILERS*

You can also get into Halsey's office on the level where you have to protect her, flip a switch and all sorts of goodies await you. Also there is a level where if you co-op campaign two people stand in a certain spot and it triggers a race. I havn't done this yet but it looks like a nice little side track from campaign.

We might have to look for some of these today.