By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Numbers Up - Feb 6, 2010! More adjustments too?!

huaxiong90 said:
Guys, just suck it up. It's not like the "Others" region is easy to track, you know.

has there ever been adustments like this before?

Around the Network
gamings_best said:
huaxiong90 said:
Guys, just suck it up. It's not like the "Others" region is easy to track, you know.

Yes, with the Wii.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

gamings_best said:
huaxiong90 said:

Yeah, it's not unusual at the start of a new year. At the beginning of 2009 Wii had massive adjustments downwards. But Nintendo fans were more "NOOO!!" and "ah, crap!" than "fuck vgchartz".

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

gamings_best said:
huaxiong90 said:

Not with the PS3, but then how many times did we have a Slim PS3 and a 100$ price cut?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

huaxiong90 said:
gamings_best said:
huaxiong90 said:

Yes, with the Wii.

actually, yes/no. The Wii was overtracked one holiday and took a massive adjustment down shortly after. It's also had adjustments for short periods after various quarters.

The previous PS3 adjustment was going back to the launch of the system (so 3 years) for Others Others (or something like that, I'd have to read back through the last thread were ioi posted about it). I'm not sure where this last adjustment came in, but it could have been a post holiday adjustment like the Wii had, or it could be another adjustment back through the launch of the system in a few small countries.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
gamings_best said:
huaxiong90 said:

Yeah, it's not unusual at the start of a new year. At the beginning of 2009 Wii had massive adjustments downwards. But Nintendo fans were more "NOOO!!" and "ah, crap!" than "fuck vgchartz".

well I guess we'll call it the "last place hope and then GET PWNED" affiar of vg chartz lololol

gamings_best said:
huaxiong90 said:

Yea after the big 360 price cut to $200

All the Sony fans were ridiculing MS and saying that the 360 was dieing like the Dreamcast cause there wasn't a very big jump in the numbers. Then a month after there were massive adjustments that showed that the 360 in fact had been absolutely dominating the PS3 in sales since the pricecut and everyone had a huge meltdown.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

@slowmo, you think 360 (5 years old now) will start to outsell PS3 in september? OKAY THERE BUDDY

nordlead said:
huaxiong90 said:
gamings_best said:
huaxiong90 said:

Yes, with the Wii.

actually, yes/no. The Wii was overtracked one holiday and took a massive adjustment down shortly after. It's also had adjustments for short periods after various quarters.

The previous PS3 adjustment was going back to the launch of the system (so 3 years) for Others Others (or something like that, I'd have to read back through the last thread were ioi posted about it). I'm not sure where this last adjustment came in, but it could have been a post holiday adjustment like the Wii had, or it could be another adjustment back through the launch of the system in a few small countries.

I never heard about the details before, just that the Wii was overtracked. Thanks for clarifying.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Why do the numbers now come each day 1 region, unlike 2 months ago every thursday?