By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X10 : Alan Wake Images. Best Graphics on Console Ever. Yeah I said it.

Selnor's thread are usually like this:p project gotham 4 has better graphics than gt5p ect(he did say that btw)

Around the Network

gamings_best: I've seen better, the car is all blurry.

Selnor: I know how you feel but maybe this is not the answer to the rising tide of Playstationism here on VGC. The difference in visible graphic quality is really quite small between the consoles and makes little or no difference in player immersion or enjoyment.

If the 360 has an advantage on PS3 it is in larger memory up front rather than an ability to render static textures, detail and lighting. Screenshots would usually emphasize the Playstation's forte. If Ps3 has issues it will be framerate drops or tearing when the action
heats up and usually from devs still not used to the architecture.

I'm not sure how Alan Wake can push the envelope on lighting with 5 year old tech but it does look pretty amazing. First day purchase for me. Hope nothing happens before then.

On a serious note with 'The Cell' now controlling many of the USAF platform and delivery systems I must urge PS3 users to consider the consequences. If the simultaneous internet connection of 31 million processors of incredible complexity doesn't concern you, try listening to the loading-screen backround after a night out.

I think they're up to something! Consider all our futures before you go online.

JaggedSac said:
Why couldn't you just make a thread that said "X10 : Alan Wake Images"? It would make for a far better thread.

You're talking about selnor.. Quite possibly one of the biggest trolls.

Which is why he is banned right now.

Now.. @ OP.

I disagree.

Smashed said:
JaggedSac said:
Why couldn't you just make a thread that said "X10 : Alan Wake Images"? It would make for a far better thread.

Now.. @ OP.

I disagree.

At least the trolls in the 360 fanbase get moderated on this site unlike a certain other group of fans that get away with murder even breaching a rule set down by ioi this week without being penalised. 

slowmo said:
Smashed said:
JaggedSac said:

Now.. @ OP.

I disagree.

At least the trolls in the 360 fanbase get moderated on this site unlike a certain other group of fans that get away with murder even breaching a rule set down by ioi this week without being penalised. 

This is true, I'v never seen Wii fans or Playstation fans get banned for anything. The mods are biased! Weren't you the one asking other to stop sulking (wah, wah, wah) over supposed bias in the Edge thread earlier? Practice what you preach. I think the mods are doing a superb jon in here. I've never been banned in my two and a half years in here so its not really that hard to avoid if you bring your head with onto the boards.

Seriously, these threads always turn into a massie pyre, why is it even still open?

Around the Network

Christ, he's at it again. PS3 fans are invading and 360 fans are whining about PS3 fans- classic selnor thread, lol. I'll say that AW does look amazing- although not THE best looking console game- and leave it at that.

NightAntilli said:
Fine O_O Believe whatever you want to. As for me, I'll keep my opinion of all those games you mentioned to myself. My only opinion is Crysis > All. Other than that, I will not compare Alan Wake, Halo Reach, UC2, KZ2 with each other. Another thing I'll say is that GOW III and MGS4 graphics are HEAVILY overhyped and overrated. But people are entitled to their opinion, though there's a difference between an informed and an uninformed opinion, but that's not for me to judge.

I do agree that rickz0r's comment was totally uncalled for, as I know you were just trying to make a point.

But to be fair, of course if you're going to look at MGS4's or Gears of War 2's graphics now with all the currently released games, it's not going to look impressive. But during 2008, MGS4 looked phenomenal for its time (consoles, of course, I don't think any game compares to Crysis yet), especially the last fight between Snake and Ocelot. But at the same time, I'm not going to hold it against you regardless of reasons, you're entitled to an opinion (and given your post history, I respect your opinion).

Now as for God of War III's graphics...I don't think it's fair to say that until we've seen the final build.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

The_God_of_War said:

Christ, he's at it again. PS3 fans are invading and 360 fans are whining about PS3 fans- classic selnor thread, lol. I'll say that AW does look amazing- although not THE best looking console game- and leave it at that.

I have to agree with selnor on this one, Those alan wake screenshots are amazing, i have never seen better gameplay shots in any game on the consoles.

@the_god_of_war  post pics of a ps3 game that is better then those shots of wake, and prove me wrong.

fyi Uncharted will not have the best graphics forever...move on

homicidaIpanda said:
The_God_of_War said:

I have to agree with selnor on this one, Those alan wake screenshots are amazing, i have never seen better gameplay shots in any game on the consoles.

@the_god_of_war  post pics of a ps3 game that is better then those shots of wake, and prove me wrong.

Good for you but I prefer to wait until a game's release until I make judgments like that. And I'm not going to start a PS3 vs 360 screenshot war in the Microsoft forum in an attempt to prove your opinion wrong.

No-one said it would.

The_God_of_War said:
homicidaIpanda said:
The_God_of_War said:

Good for you but I prefer to wait until a game's release until I make judgments like that. And I'm not going to start a PS3 vs 360 screenshot war in the Microsoft forum in an attempt to prove your opinion wrong.

No-one said it would.

Ok i thought u seen better thats all...