By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X10 : Alan Wake Images. Best Graphics on Console Ever. Yeah I said it.

selnor said:
Carl2291 said:
Another one of these threads? Seriously?...

Only one of those is gameplay. And even that one is blurry. I could post some better looking FFXIII cutscenes if im being honest...

It seems that your whole purpose from this thread is to wind up PS3 fans. I think it's pretty obvious from some of your posts here to random people.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3147377&page=1&postnum=3
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3147477&page=1&postnum=24
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3147488&page=2&postnum=2

Every month a new game has the best graphics ever. And every month a whole bunch of people disagree with you, and laugh at you. Even 360 fans are getting tired of your threads...

You think 360 fans are tired?

I get so so many PM's asking me for new threads. Asking me to turn the tide of this ones sided website. ( Not my words actual PM's to me ).

If anything I cant keep up with these guys on VGChartz.

As for threads. PS3 fans need to grow up. They post a PS3 exclusive thread about best graphics on consoles and noone bats an eyelid, because it's a huge sony orientated site. But they all of a sudden cant handle it when the 360 pumps this out. In fact 360 is embarrising PS3 graphically this year.

I lol'd... Alan Wake's Gfx look good.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
STEKSTAV said:
I think any future threads like this is ban worthy, its really getting out of hand. Deep down its just a big 'ol "eat shit" flame bait thread.

Yeah, but he's not putting down any game, just praising this one. Well, at least in the first post. Afterwards he is kind of coaxed into talking about other games, lol.

If someone made a "Crysis has the best graphics ever"

Or "Uncharted 2 is the graphics king"

Or even "forza 3 is the best looking racing game ever" /GT5/NFS Shift

thread, should that person be banned?

And I'm pretty sure all those have all been done before, I think. A thread that praises a game isn't ban worthy, but one that puts another down just for the sake of pissing people off.. That is what you are talking about, no?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
STEKSTAV said:
I think any future threads like this is ban worthy, its really getting out of hand. Deep down its just a big 'ol "eat shit" flame bait thread.

Yeah, but he's not putting down any game, just praising this one. Well, at least in the first post. Afterwards he is kind of coaxed into talking about other games, lol.

And I'm pretty sure all those have all been done before, I think. A thread that praises a game isn't ban worthy, but one that puts another down just for the sake of pissing people off.. That is what you are talking about, no?

I dont mind celebration threads to graphics.. but the title shouldnt be "best graphics ever" or "best graphics on any console", because thats just asking for a riot... and should be ban worthy. And in Selnors case where these threads are always being posted on big 360 releases or compared to PS3 games as reference. Its clearly flaim bait. He could've settled with "X10: New Alan Wake screenshots looks Amazing!" or whatever.

Dont get me wrong, i think the game looks incredible from these screenshots, but theres really no need for the "OMGLOLZOR!" stuff.

STEKSTAV said:
Strategyking92 said:
STEKSTAV said:

I dont mind celebration threads to graphics.. but the title shouldnt be "best graphics ever" or "best graphics on any console", because thats just asking for a riot... and should be ban worthy. And in Selnors case where these threads are always being posted on big 360 releases or compared to PS3 games as reference. Its clearly flaim bait. He could've settled with "X10: New Alan Wake screenshots looks Amazing!" or whatever.

Dont get me wrong, i think the game looks incredible from these screenshots, but theres really no need for the "OMGLOLZOR!" stuff.

I hear ya. But still, it's not like he outright said "uncharted 2/crysis/SMG look bad compared to alan wake".

Whether fans of a different console or opinion take their opinion too far is their problem.

Maybe I'm subconsciously defending the thread because it's about an xbox game.. But really, it just doesn't seem that bad to me. And who knows, maybe he actually means it this time

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:

I hear ya. But still, it's not like he outright said "uncharted 2/crysis/SMG look bad compared to alan wake".

Whether fans of a different console or opinion take their opinion too far is their problem.

Maybe I'm subconsciously defending the thread because it's about an xbox game.. But really, it just doesn't seem that bad to me. And who knows, maybe he actually means it this time

Well, when someone did mention thinking that Uncharted 2 looks better Selnor said Uncharted 2 was yesterdays news in graphics.

Game does look spectacular from these screens, but we need to see video since these could easily be doctored, which going by recent history Selnor though that all those Forza 3 shots weren't touched up or anything since T10 said so and it turned out to be that they were in fact bullshots.

Stills can make anything look like the greatest thing ever. Well, not really anything, but you know what I mean.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Strategyking92 said:
STEKSTAV said:
Strategyking92 said:
STEKSTAV said:

Well, when someone did mention thinking that Uncharted 2 looks better Selnor said Uncharted 2 was yesterdays news in graphics.

Yeah... But... The first post wasn't so bad >.<

When fanboys argue, of course words will be said.

Strategyking92 said:

Yeah... But... The first post wasn't so bad >.<

When fanboys argue, of course words will be said.

No it wasn't, you're right. However the title was asking for this kind of outcome, plus having Selnor attack anyone who doesn't agree with him and then dragging the rest of the PS3 fanbase along with it doesn't help.

Take this post for example, it really shows why you can't have an opinion in a Selnor thread unless you agree with everything he says.

IT's easy to see AW destroys all. Saying otherwise would not only make you feel stupid, but your head explode. IT's night and day. Massive step up from what we have so far. Not small, but huge.

He makes the mistake of almost always speaking in absolutes.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

ANd that's why he was banned. He went too far with it.

Strategyking92 said:

He was actually banned for a different thread, not this one.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
Strategyking92 said:

He was actually banned for a different thread, not this one.

I believe it was bound to happen eventually