By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X10 : Alan Wake Images. Best Graphics on Console Ever. Yeah I said it.

NightAntilli said:
theprof00 said:
Feylic said:
Squilliam said:
Feylic said:

What do you mean by pre-baked

The sun never moves in the sky, you can't shoot out lights, you can't change the lighting of the scene significantly as a player with your actions. Contrast this with something like Crysis where every light source is dynamic.

So because the guy gets to carry a flashlight and move if where they want the lighting is now amazing?

lol, it has to do with shadows and light reflection being generated in real time.

It just means the lighting is amazing. On the other hand, the environment is not, because it's well known the environment slows down the game because of having to load a larger number of textures depending on how much of it you can see. While the lighting is better, the environment is much poorer.

I have to disagree. Vegetation is one of the hardest objects to render properly in high quality, and AW does render them beautifully, and there's a lot of it. As for the buildings, they also look good as well.. Then there's the whole fog thing, but meh. Whatever.

While that part about vegetation is true, both fog and short visible distance helps render those things a great deal. It's like how Jurassic Park skirted the problem with CGI by making it rain all the time.

Around the Network
NightAntilli said:
Aldro said:
SpartanFX said:
selnor said:
SpartanFX said:
since you have said this for every game that has been on X360 no one will believe you.it's like that old story about the lair that tells the truth once and no one believes him anymore :p

You maen it's the same as all the PS3 fans saying it for every other PS3 exclusive?

IT's easy to see AW destroys all. Saying otherwise would not only make you feel stupid, but your head explode. IT's night and day. Massive step up from what we have so far. Not small, but huge.

well the PS3 crwod were mostly behind right games in the graphics.

KZ2 is insane and so is uncharted 1 and 2 ,..

but you on the other hand:

far cry2 :fukin ugly game

Forza 3: jagg fest

modern warfare 2: low res texture/pixaleated texture when you get close to anything.

Mass effect 2:beautiful game from artistic design but lacking the horse power side of graphics.you can't tell me this is imprssive graphically at all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhhtAaWH_eo&feature=related

need for speed shift:fuckin ugly and jagg fest

so yea u see, your history is not so good when it comes to graphics.

This looks awesome on the other hand.not comparable to uncharted since uncharted is bright and colorful but this is dark and has a scary vibe to it.but they are very fine examples of polished games.

So f****** true lol.

GoW 3 > U2 > KZ2 > Crysis > U1/MGS4

My two cents, I haven't seen Crysis on UBER MEGA EXTREME so... xD.

No other game is between what I said above (In my fanboy eyes no denying that but I honestly believe it or else I would not be a fanboy :O).

If I was to put Alan Wake in there it would probably be between Crysis and U1/MGS4. Not the best (by far).

Go take a look at GoW 3... that's just omfg.

Havent seen much of 'The Last Guardian' or GT5 to say anything else but I also believe they will be pretty good, just a hunch ^^.

@Red: You lost all credibility right there. Crysis > All

Actually I clearly said:

"My two cents, I haven't seen Crysis on UBER MEGA EXTREME so... xD."

[I saw it on medium/high not ultra. I have a hard time believing theres a huge diffrence, but if there is I sadly have not gotten to experience it in which my opinion and my list is still valid ^.^.

Like the other guy said though, probably best to just ignore me >:D.

the funny thing (and sad, kind of) is, xbox owners won't buy this game. There, I said it.

I mean, does it even have multiplayer? lol

wow, I just realized this... how many 360 exclusives ( and I mean total exclusives, not shared with PC) do NOT have multiplayer? hell, RPGs aside it's quite difficult to make that list! AW will be one of the few without it?

Awesome indeed.

gekkokamen said:

the funny thing (and sad, kind of) is, xbox owners won't buy this game. There, I said it.

wow, I just realized this... how many 360 exclusives ( and I mean total exclusives, not shared with PC) do NOT have multiplayer? hell, RPGs aside it's quite difficult to make that list! AW will be one of the few without it?

You're on to something o.O

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Feylic said:
Squilliam said:
Feylic said:

The sun never moves in the sky, you can't shoot out lights, you can't change the lighting of the scene significantly as a player with your actions. Contrast this with something like Crysis where every light source is dynamic.

So because the guy gets to carry a flashlight and move if where they want the lighting is now amazing?

lol, it has to do with shadows and light reflection being generated in real time.

It just means the lighting is amazing. On the other hand, the environment is not, because it's well known the environment slows down the game because of having to load a larger number of textures depending on how much of it you can see. While the lighting is better, the environment is much poorer.

But I don't get why KZ2 is so "pre-baked" in comparison. The lighting is very well done, and the characters that move around the map can interact with the light. Each character has a modeled layer over them that describes how they reflect light. This changes as the character moves, but it's not a big flashlight and so you don't notice it as much. It's still there though, and still amazing.

Feylic said:
theprof00 said:
Feylic said:
Squilliam said:
Feylic said:

But I don't get why KZ2 is so "pre-baked" in comparison. The lighting is very well done, and the characters that move around the map can interact with the light. Each character has a modeled layer over them that describes how they reflect light. This changes as the character moves, but it's not a big flashlight and so you don't notice it as much. It's still there though, and still amazing.

Oh, I don't know, I was just explaining the concept of 'pre-baked' to you. I don't quite understand, nor have I played the two games which are supposedly better.

Selnor stop being so condescending and patronising. And stop starting and ending your sentences with LOL. It's really annoying. 

Plus I didn't have to look far to find that you did think Forza 3 had the best console graphics of 2009 and not just best racing graphics. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76790 

Oh and Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 both look better than Alan Wake. Look at the rocks edges in the first picture for example.

Alan Wake looks stunning its one of those games I would buy a 360 just to play
the atmosphere looks amazing and everything about the game looks promising

Selnor, I thought Lost Planet 2 had the best console graphics?

gekkokamen said:

Well it's not that much worse on the ps3 side though. Sure, some games like uncharted 1 and heavenly sword do not have multiplayer, but it doesn't make them bad games.

EXCLUSIVITY has nothing to do with this though, there have been hyped single player games that sell well on the system (lookin' at you fallout 3..), fable, and the mass effect console exclusive series. The potential is there for ps3 exclusives as well. With InFamous being a recent example.

People are willing to buy single player games as long as they're good.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive