By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YOUR favourite and hated resident evil game in the series

Mr. sickVisionz said:
Favorite: 5. Hated: 1.

I played a demo cd on RE1 at a Sears and disliked it so much that I avoided the series since then. I only gave 5 a shot because I read that it was different than the others and didn't feel like a RE game.

yes 5 was different, it practically screwed up the franchise, none of the elements in 5 had anything from the previous series. atleast 4 you could see it.

Around the Network

remembering when i first saw this, i was lost for words both in the negative and positve. knowing capcom will killed of the survival horror in the  series in the future.

the famous laser which actually made it into the movies

Favorite : Resident evil 1.Wish for a game like this..
hated: Resident evil 5 of course..the worst "horror" experience ever...

"Release Greece From Chains"

SilentPyramid said:
Favorite : Resident evil 1.Wish for a game like this..
hated: Resident evil 5 of course..the worst "horror" experience ever...

nononononono it wasnt a horror experience it was a night mare, it was a nightmarish experience

KylieDog said:
RareglovE said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:

I played a demo cd on RE1 at a Sears and disliked it so much that I avoided the series since then. I only gave 5 a shot because I read that it was different than the others and didn't feel like a RE game.

yes 5 was different, it practically screwed up the franchise, none of the elements in 5 had anything from the previous series. atleast 4 you could see it.

You will find it is RE4 that had no elements from previous RE games, not RE5.   Where was the evil company, the bio-weapons from viruses, the story that had anything to do with the rest of the series.   Just change the names of Leon and Ada and literally 2-3 words of speech and RE4 loses anything to link it to other games. 

the enviroment the gameplay in re4 it had some elements in the previous series.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
RareglovE said:

remembering when i first saw this, i was lost for words both in the negative and positve. knowing capcom will killed of the survival horror in the  series in the future.

the famous laser which actually made it into the movies

The first movie to do the laser scene was released 2.5 years before RE4 released.  It didn't make it from the movies, it stole from the movie.  Umbrella Chronicles did it better

i aplogise than, i was mistaken on the time frame, your right Umbrella Chronicles laser room was similar to the movie. which looked f**ked up if you ask me.

KylieDog said:
RareglovE said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:

You will find it is RE4 that had no elements from previous RE games, not RE5.   Where was the evil company, the bio-weapons from viruses, the story that had anything to do with the rest of the series.   Just change the names of Leon and Ada and literally 2-3 words of speech and RE4 loses anything to link it to other games. 

I agree with KylieDog (never thought this day would come)

RE4 is game that "featured" some RE charters, it didn't feel like any RE game at all

RE4 felt like a western action game (and a great one too)

RE5 continued what RE4 started, but after the shock RE4 gave me, RE5 was pretty much what i expected

So i ended up liking it

If you like 4 you gotta love 5 because they are the same (but RE5 have better graphics lol)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

No i dissagree.I loved resi4 but resi5 was nothing like 4.4 had its atmosphere and a different scenario,resi 5 was pointless

"Release Greece From Chains"

favourite: RE4 (what can i say? Leon is a badarse)

Least Favourite: RE5 (being in a dumbarse desert just killed it for me)

Fav
RE4
Hated
RE5

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi