By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YOUR favourite and hated resident evil game in the series

Favorite: Resident Evil 4

Hated: Resident Evil 5. Boooooring, was only able to finish it because my cousin kept asking me too.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network

fav is toss up between 2 and 3 and hated is for sure 5

But I havent played any side games other then a little of out break file 1 and 2 and CV

lightbleeder said:
rocketpig said:
lightbleeder said:
rocketpig said:

Most liked: RE4. No more shitty controls! Huzzah!

Most hated: Code Veronica. The game tricked me into entering the last boss fight with a pistol and virtually no ammo and I didn't have another save to backtrack and fix it. Laaaaaaaaaaammmeee.

RE3 was pretty freakin' weak as well. In fact, I didn't like any of the games once I played Silent Hill and saw that Japanese companies were capable of making 3D horror games without nerfed controls to make it exceedingly difficult.

Well you have to know that for survival horror games you have to keep your best weapons and ammo for bosses and just try to use your least powerful weapons for zombies and other regular enemies...

Thanks, I've never played a survival horror game before.

If you remember what happens in Code Veronica, they switch characters right before the end of the game and I happened to have almost all my good weapons on the other character because I was expecting a boss fight soon. They switched characters and I was caught with my pants down and no save point to go back and fix it.

It was a pretty weak game element, being able to share weapons through the inventory boxes but then leaving the player out in the cold during the endgame if one character was armed much better than the other.

Yeah I have several friends that have gone through the same. Luckily I always saved my game on about 3 to 4 different slots...

So do I but for some reason, I hadn't during that game. Talk about the wrong game to do that...

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Favorite: Resident Evil 5 - I didn't like the setting as much but the fun factor and co-op definitely made up for it

Hated: Resident Evil 4 - Shocked me that it was the first RE that lead away from the original RE settings. And the controller was so annoyingly hard to aim.

Best: RE5 Co-op > RE4 Wii > RE4 > RE5 Solo > RE2 N64

Worst: the rest

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Favorite: Resident Evil 5 - I didn't like the setting as much but the fun factor and co-op definitely made up for it

Hated: Resident Evil 4 - Shocked me that it was the first RE that lead away from the original RE settings. And the controller was so annoyingly hard to aim.

I'm guessing you haven't played any RE before RE4 then because then you'd know what hard to aim means.

Signature goes here!

I have only played 1,2,3 & CV. CV worst, 1 best.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

V-r0cK said:

Should've played the Wii version.  Best controls ever in a RE game.

TruckOSaurus said:
V-r0cK said:

I'm guessing you haven't played any RE before RE4 then because then you'd know what hard to aim means.

I have played and finished all RE before RE4 long time ago and own most RE games to date.  RE1-3 had a different aiming system sure it wasnt accurate but all you really had to do was rotate your character close enough in the direction of the enemies.  RE4 was hard to aim accurately, trying to aim for the head etc.  There's more aiming skills required in RE4 than the others. 

jarrod said:
V-r0cK said:

Should've played the Wii version.  Best controls ever in a RE game.

Yea i have the Wii version as well and the controls were better than the PS2 but I just still prefer just holding a "one-controller with both hands" type lol.  I guess i shouldve stated that I was refer to the PS2 version of RE4.

I remember i was playing RE5, and style seemed similar as RE4, and i was telling myself RE5 controls are easier maybe i got use to it and RE4 wouldnt be as bad....went back to RE4, still worst controls than RE5 XD