By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official January 2010 NPD Thread (Data = 4 weeks ending Jan 30)

Hyruken said:
They are pretty relevant because i can't see Europe nearly beating US in 1st week sales for a highish profile fps game.

And for what you say to be true would mean the 2nd week of sales for MAG would have to be higher then the 1st, again sorry but i can't see that happening. Because that would assume the game would of had to be around the same position in the charts, especially here in UK seeing as we sell the most games in europe. But in MAGS 1st week chart it came in at number 7
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015
MW2 sold more.

So i call bullshit, MAG did not get anywhere near 500k.

Sorry, but i'll listen to the guy who knows what they are talking about before I listen to your "i call bullshit"

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
They are pretty relevant because i can't see Europe nearly beating US in 1st week sales for a highish profile fps game.

And for what you say to be true would mean the 2nd week of sales for MAG would have to be higher then the 1st, again sorry but i can't see that happening. Because that would assume the game would of had to be around the same position in the charts, especially here in UK seeing as we sell the most games in europe. But in MAGS 1st week chart it came in at number 7
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015
MW2 sold more.

Your right. Besides, 2nd week sales numbers for MAG arent available for anyone yet, not even Jack Tretton.

I estimate MAG's first week worldwide is around 250K in a best case scenario (USA 140K, Can 15K, Europe 80K, Japan 15K).

just another case of "i do not accept these sales"

Carl2291 said:
Slimebeast said:
Hyruken said:
Jack is talking crap about MAG selling 500k right?
If it sold less then 170k in america, 20k in Japan and most probably now less then the 100k for Europe means we are probably looking at around 250k sold worldwide.
Meaning where did the other 250k come from?

Shipped, yes of course.

"Over half a million of you have already chosen your allegiance in MAG"

He is talking about sold. Over 500k people have played the game. This is not shipped.

It's Jack Tretton, who's a big-shot at Sony. They don't care to distinguish between shipped and sold.

Max King of the Wild said:
Hyruken said:

MW2 sold more.

Sorry, but i'll listen to the guy who knows what they are talking about before I listen to your "i call bullshit"

Hey if you want to listen to him then good for you, if you believe him then again good for you :)

I look forward to seeing the numbers being posted and seeing the chart updated on GFK.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Slimebeast said:
Hyruken said:
If it sold less then 170k in america, 20k in Japan and most probably now less then the 100k for Europe means we are probably looking at around 250k sold worldwide.

Shipped, yes of course.

He is talking about sold. Over 500k people have played the game. This is not shipped.

Let them go carl. I am enjoying this.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Hyruken said:
Hyruken said:

MW2 sold more.

Hey if you want to listen to him then good for you, if you believe him then again good for you :)

I look forward to seeing the numbers being posted and seeing the chart updated on GFK.

Alright... let me put it another way. I'd rather listen to the guy who knows what he is talking about before the guy who doesn't know how to read a simple chart...

Carl2291 said:
Slimebeast said:
Hyruken said:

Shipped, yes of course.

It's obvious he's doctoring the number somehow though... adding in beta?

Hyruken said:
Hyruken said:

MW2 sold more.

Alright... let me put it another way. I'd rather listen to the guy who knows what he is talking about before the guy who doesn't know how to read a simple chart...

Wow, it is like that is it?

So if i am right in that this weeks numbers are not higher then last weeks, and MAG moves at minimum 1 place down the weeks charts does that then make me know what im talking about? Because it would mean not only good old Jack was wrong, it would mean you were wrong too?

Kasz216 said:
Carl2291 said:
Slimebeast said:
Hyruken said:

Shipped, yes of course.

It's obvious he's doctoring the number somehow though... adding in beta?

How is it obvious? We are 2 weeks behind...