By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavy Rain Reviews Are In

CGI-Quality said:
http://www.nofussreviews.com/game-review_Heavy+Rain_Sony+Playstation+3-ps3_32708.php

My fav of all! Out of all those titles, HEAVY RAIN is the only 10/10: Groundbreaking!

They also liked Dante's Inferno well enough. I see Boutros has already picked up on the WKC score.

You know there's only one review people are waiting to see: Edge.

Likely the only way I'd consider not buying this game would be if the review averages came in at below 6. A metascore of 91 (31 reviews) so far is incredible for this game.

A game of this nature having reviews in this territory is bound to get GOTY attention, even if it doesn't win any GOTYs.

Great stuff.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Somebody give me a slice of that delicious crow!!!

CGI-Quality said:
dragonmagician said:
Holding a 90% metacritic. Better than I expected, but not GOTY.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/heavyrain

Only below 80 is from Games Radar, which I never heard of.

GOTY isn't necessarily determined by Metacritic.

Not only that but a lot of people said/say Assassin's Creed II was/is a GOTY worthy game and it looks possible that Heavy Rain could settle in at the same Metascore of 91. Any game with a Metascore of 90+ is potential GOTY material. Besides any game that gets a 10/10 from a review site must be on their GOTY radar, HR has 5 10/10s so far, ergo it's firmly in GOTY territory.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

wholikeswood said:

rofl!!this game cannot come quick enough.

theprof00 said:
WTF why is a ps3 troll reviewing ps3 games? I'm talking about Jim Surly from Destructard.

Why do u say they're a ps3 troll? Do they review most ps3 games low? I never knew this, what ps3 games have they reviewed poorly in the past?

Around the Network

Pft, screw the crow. Somebody give me a hawk, a big juicy hawk.

wholikeswood said:

Eagles eat crows now? goddamn cannibals...

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

patapon said:
Pft, screw the crow. Somebody give me a hawk, a big juicy hawk.

Screw hawks i want your sole.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

CGI-Quality said:
freebs2 said:
The average ranting is about 9. This is very good ranting considering that, this is an experimental title and not everyone will like it.

This saying is interesting & perplexing to me at the same time. Isn't it the case with any game available today? I think people mix up, 'this isn't a traditional game' with 'not everyone will like it'. Of course not everyone will like it, that's the way it is with any game.

you must be mistaken, because everybody loves FPS! haha

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/st/r/Strofan7/card.png%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Wow I guess I'm really not in the "know." What is the CROW joke all about? What does that mean??? I'm so confused haha. From context clues, it seems like it's a term for someone who was wrong about a prediction? Someone fill me in here, feel kinda dumb...