By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Third party games don’t sell on the Wii

vaio said:
Raze said:

Why are you making a post about an article at wordpress.com? Anyone with a computer can write an article there. I bet I can find an article on there "prooving" that Obama is the AntiChrist.

People are entitled to their opinions, even if they are absolutely wrong, and places like WordPress.com give them a soapbox to scream their misguided opinion from.

Besides, VGChartz already has had like 500 threads with the same exact opinio pieces.

because i see some value and truth in it OR because there is a lack of value and truth.

Well of course, that's obvious. What I'm saying is that it is some random person's opinion, not one of merit nor worth crediting, like a publisher or developer.

If the Internet had a scent, it'd smell like the seat of a 45 year old truck driver.

Are you panhandling for VGC $$?

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network

yeah you got me need me some VG$ to get my daily crack fix

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

...and here I thought the intervention was helping... lol

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

I would say third-party software sells on Wii. It's hard to get excited as a gamer about some of it. Just Dance? Wii Fit/Fit Plus? Mini-games?

They have their place, and I quite like some of them to screw around with, but it's hard to get excited about the non-Nintendo software sales in terms of hopes for more good core games.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

OH MY GOD. How many times must we go over this... Third party games don't sell on Wii because 99% of them DON'T DESERVE to sell on Wii! Seriously, name me ONE great quality game on Wii, developed by a top tier third party, with great potential and appeal, that DID NOT sell well on Wii and should have. And don't you dare say Mad World, No More Heroes, or Zack and Wiki. Those are NICHE titles that anyone with half a brain knows would not sell on ANY console. Monster Hunter 3 should prove as a great example of a game with actual EFFORT put into it that became worthy of its good sales.

The argument that all Wii owners are somehow conspiring against 3rd parties really needs to be dropped, because it's downright foolish. Make good games that appeal to people, and they will sell. END OF STORY. This is true for any console.

You have some nerve to blame the Wii owners for not buying what is largely an extremely shoddy and half assed effort from 3rd party games for Wii. Wii gamers are not strange creatures from mars. They are simply GAMERS who want GOOD games. Most third party games on Wii simply don't provide this. Maybe you should stop pointing the finger at the consumers, and blame, oh I don't know.. the people actually MAKING the game!

Around the Network

Metallicube, it's a parody article.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Metallicube, it's a parody article.

Ah, stupid me. And here I thought I was good at detecting internet sarcasm. Still got some work it seems >_<