By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Wal-Mart Black Friday, Xbox 360 + 5 games $279

http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/13/news/companies/walmart_blackfridayad/index.htm?postversion=2007111310

Wal-Mart is expected to officially release its Black Friday circular early next week, although it started unwrapping "holiday" deals weeks ago. Like other retailers, Wal-Mart is trying to stoke holiday shopping excitement early - fearful that Americans will spend less on gifts as housing and credit problems infect consumer spending.

To that end, Wal-Mart chopped prices on 15,000 toys in October. Then it promoted deals on five select items, including a $348 laptop computer, on Nov. 1.

Some of Wal-Mart's other Black Friday promotions include an Apple 80GB iPod Classic ($247.88), assorted DVDs ($2.96), Dell Inspiron 1501 15.4-inch laptop computer ($598), Kodak 7MP digital camera ($89.84) and Xbox 360 arcade console system with 5 bonus games ($279.92).

In addition, Wal-Mart is selling Barbie Fairytopia Mermaid or Princess Ballerina Dolls ($5) and an Emerson Microwave ($25).

Around the Network

Thats the standard price for the X-box 360 Arcade with 5 XBLA games.

Any idea what the 5 free games are going to be? As long as they are not "5 free arcade demos" this should be a amazing deal!

WiiStation360 said:
Any idea what the 5 free games are going to be? As long as they are not "5 free arcade demos" this should be a amazing deal!

They are 5 free arcade games.  This is the standard Xbox Arcade deal, and you can buy it right now at that price I believe.

The point is more that they're advertising it not that it's actually a deal.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

Dude, NO WAY!  279.99 is the regular price for the Arcade.   This is 7 cents cheaper!

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

OMG! I saw that article, they're also selling the Wii + 5 bonus games for only 249.99! I'd better go run out and grab this while it's still on sale!

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Actually.

It might not be a bad idea in the end (atleast for MS/Wally World). It's interesting that they're advertising it "oh, it includes 5 games" as a bonus word, and not standard. Once the holidays are over, it'll still be w/ the bonus 5 games, and might sell better because of the slight change in wording (the same with Wii Sports, as it has been).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

What's funny though is the typical buyer won't know the difference. Same way many ebay sellers are selling a Wii with 14 games. Wii Sports + Wii Play. Granted if you actually read the auction or in this case the ad you will see the difference.

kn said:
Darc Requiem said:

Dude, NO WAY!  279.99 is the regular price for the Arcade.   This is 7 cents cheaper!

lol