By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - US Army wanted Xbox 360, MS Refused

sharky974 said:

Oh what a stupid Microsoft bashing worthless story. Probably not even true.

I checked Grimes history and most of his posts are about the PS3, as expected.

Grimes post history:

Are you trying to say grimes is a PS3 fanboy? If so go read the posts. Any one of them will show you he hates sony.. But none of them will show you why :O

Around the Network
sharky974 said:

Grimes post history

I think you are taking things too serious.

sharky974 said:

Grimes post history:

There is nothing wrong with anything I have posted. It's interesting and worthy of discussion. I must be doing something right, fanboys from every side have attacked me for being biased.

And to be not true, you would have to be accusing Wired of lying. They have statements directly from the Army and Microsoft. IMO, Wired has a good journalistic reputation.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

yea i think the army wanted a deep discount like 50 a pop and bill said no r yu crazy?! lol

stof said:
If the console itself was being sold at a loss at the time then it makes a lot of sense, since they were almost certain to not recoup costs through game sales.

If the console was being sold at a profit, then it's not very smart business.

So the PS3 was sold at a profit then to the air force?

Around the Network
sharky974 said:

Grimes post history:

Failmod, hard at work :p

Theres probably more to this story, like the shipments must have been ridiculous. If it was a couple 360's, i doubt MS would have cared, but this must have been a contract for thousands or more.

What a croc. First of all if MSFT wanted the money they would take it. 2nd of all SEALs and Rangers don't play Xbox but train hard or go home. For SEALs, the Only Easy Day Was Yesterday and Rangers Lead the Way, not by playing games. Can you do SERE or HALO/HAHO on an Xbox? No.

During that time, the 360 was rrod hell.  MS knew that there would be almost a 100% chance of these 360s needing to get refurb'd b/c they would always be on so they wisely chose to not take that cost. 

So the US tax payers almost paid for videogames for the guys in the army.. hmmmm... I wouldn't be too happy with that if I paid taxes in the US...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
So the US tax payers almost paid for videogames for the guys in the army.. hmmmm... I wouldn't be too happy with that if I paid taxes in the US...

It was probably going to be something off a inter-connected computer kind of like what the AirForce is doing w/ the PS3s, and for that, you would basically keep them on 24/7 .