By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help with "Must Haves" titles for the Wii and the DS

I am trying to compile a list of some must have current and upcoming titles for the Wii and the DS.  There are so many that I think that I may have missed some.  I think that it will help to see some of the lists from you guys to see what I am missing.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

It depends on what games you like, my lists:

Wii:

RE:UC
Super Mario Galaxy
Medal Of Honor Heroes 2
Metroid Prime 3
Zack & Wiki
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

DS:

Dementium
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
Ultimate Mortal Kombat
Megaman ZX Advent
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

These are the games i play at the moment and according to my taste they all are must-have titles.

Note to Wii owners: Do not, i repeat, DO NOT under any circumstances buy Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 for the Wii with the impression it's like the first, the game is an awful bore-fest.  

In addition to some of the above:

Wii:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii

DS:

Advance Wars 2 (working title)

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

wii:
re:uc
guitar hero 3
trauma center new blood
and a couple of more
these are all the games i havent gotten

Yeah, Guitar Hero, Trauma Center and the others mentioned must be good i just didn't wanna suggest anything i haven't played except from MoH which is purely based on the online component.

Around the Network

medal of honor
zelda tp
re4
metroid prime 3
fire emblem
super mario galaxy
guitar hero 3
zack & wiki
mario and sonic olympics
mario strikers charged
super paper mario

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Wii:

RE4
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Paper
Medal Of Honor Heroes 2
Metroid Prime 3
The Legend of Zelda: TP
Zack & Wiki
Wii Play (for the extra Control)

gamingdevil said:

It depends on what games you like, my lists:

Wii:

Super Mario Galaxy
Medal Of Honor Heroes 2
Metroid Prime 3
Zack & Wiki
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Agreed.  Also, the follwoing are really good:

------------ 

Mario Strikers Charted -- if you like online or play competitively with someone 

Excite Truck

Resident Evil 4 (if you haven't played it yet) -- $30 

Guitar Hero 3

Zelda: TP

there aren't any... the Wii doesn't have any must have games like the PS3, also Nintendo are taking your money with the Wii, if you actually ook at the total costs the Wii costs thousands more than the PS3.

kazadoom said:
I am trying to compile a list of some must have current and upcoming titles for the Wii and the DS. There are so many that I think that I may have missed some. I think that it will help to see some of the lists from you guys to see what I am missing.

Here's my current list of Wii games I own not counting the amazing Wii Sports.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (no Wii owner should be without this epic)

2. Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (SORELY underrated fighting game. It's like you're in the cartoon. Bought this blind and was very satisfied)

3. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (GOT to get this one. No Wii owner should be without it. Hilarious!)

4. Wii Play (don't listen to the nonsensicals. This game is great simple fun even if it DIDN'T have a controller packed in. Fun 9 game set which I'm especially partial to Find Mii and Billiards )

5. Excite Truck (a little incomplete on the multiplayer but the gameplay is fun. Reminds me racing to work on I-95 except much more reckless. I'm a careful driver even if I'm a speeder )

6. Trauma Center: Second Opinion (never played the DS original but even if I did the Wii controls make this godly. BUY NOW! MUST HAVE!)

7. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (was surprised by this one. Had no interest in this until I heard about Wii controls. This game is well done even it wasn't on the Wii. GTA clone or not it's pretty damn good)

8. Mario Strikers Charged (will give you a great way to test out Wii's Wi-Fi online multiplayer. But practice man. I get my ass kicked everytime I try to go global. Wish Nintendo didn't region lock play on Wii though)

9. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (epic sci-fi masterpiece. 'Nuff said)

10. Rampage: Total Destruction (bought it 'cause it was discounted to $20. It has original arcade Rampage along with that N64 Rampage from 1997 not to mention actual current game. Not bad for 20 bucks).

11. Elebits (don't let the cuteness scare you off. This game is fun ESPECIALLY if you get a lot of people together. Nothing more fun than throwing stuff around the house)

12. Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (about to finally start up on this one. Been busy this week and haven't gotten a chance to start it since getting it last Friday. But everybody says it's good)

13. Super Mario Galaxy (will be shipped to me very soon today. This is a DUH purchase. Only the most Chappelle Showiest of Haters can deny the Galaxy)

I'd list my soon-to-buys but that'll take up too much space. Wii Fit is on that list however as is Super Paper Mario. Don't have a DS yet but first game I'm buying is Animal Crossing: Wild World.

Nintendo's gonna fleece me dry with all this good shit they keep putting out! Damn them and their quality!

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!