By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was YOUR game of the decade?

I was just thinking about the last decade of gaming whilst trying to decide what was my favorite game of the decade.
So please feel free to post what game you liked the most in the last 10 year and tell us why. Simply listing it with no explanation is boring so please don't.

I'll start first.

After much thought I'm going to say Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.

This game was developed by a little known and now dead developer called Troika Games. It may have been buggy as hell but it offered the perfect blend of FPS action (driven by the half-life 2 engine), indepth roleplaying mechanics, excellent choice in how you can approach the various objectives, multiple gameplay styles and an excellent setting created by White Wolf. The writing was near unparralled (play the game as an insane Malkavian to see what I mean, the dialogue for that vampire clan is completely different) and the developers choice to only give experience points for completing quests essentially made completing sidequests a neccessity. This is topped off by very good atmosphere.

It was released exclusively on the pc.

Whilst there are plenty of games I think were more innovative such as Deus Ex, Portal etc (though this holds its own with the best of them). For sheer fun, replay value, innovation all wrapped in one I keep coming back to this game.

Plus it has very funny radio advertisements within it.

So what was YOUR game of the decade?

Around the Network

Portal

Incredible humour, great storytelling and innovative and mindbending gameplay puzzles. God I love that game.

This is invisible text!

Not only that, but Portal was a great example of getting a single well thoughtout idea and fleshing it out completely before ending at the exactly right time. It showed that games don't have to be these massive 50 hour behemoths to be considered relevant. Whilst many games feel too short Portal simply wasn't one of them. It was short and sweet, with no filler.

FFX & MSG4 I can't pick between the two. Both are amazing games with great gameplay awesome

characters and I never get bored of them.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Halo CE, BR or Splinter Cell

Around the Network

Huh, let's see.

2000-2009, right?

Tough call between Super Smash Bros. Brawl and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Not sure I can choose. SSBB for multiplayer purposes and TP for singleplayer purposes. There.

@Majin-Tenshinhan yeah Beginning of 2000 to the end of 2009.

#1: Resident Evil 4

#2: Dragon Quest VIII

#3: God of War

#4: Metal Gear Solid 3

#5: Kingdom Hearts

#6: Shadow of the Colossus.

#7: Crisis Core: FFVII

#8: Gran Turismo 4

#9: TLOZ: Wind Waker

#10: Dissidia: FF

Counter Strike

the decade before that Ultima Online

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

gears of war 1