By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was YOUR game of the decade?

Ninja Gaiden on XBOX.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy IX came out 2000 in US, so it's definitely my top pick.  Played FF9 upwards of 25 times in the least.  I was obsessed with the game and I just couldn't put it down.

A more recent game: Lost Odyssey, not obsessed with it, just really think it's an excellent RPG.

I stopped playing Console games around 2006 due to WoW and it sucked me in all the way up until the end of 2009, thankfully Console gaming has sucked me back in and I won't be making the MMO mistake ever again.

Edited.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Spankey said:
Bladeneo said:
I cant decide on a definite favourite, but because not many people will have even heard of this, I'll go with Freelancer; by no means the best game of the decade overall but in terms of how much I played that damn game and the fun I had with it, its up there for me.

good to see some Freelancer love!

I wish they'd have released an expansion (or did they?)

I might have to go with that.

or Diablo II...I think that was 2000?

Nah they never released an expansion for it, but the modding community has always been pretty impressive. Go to Lancersreactor.org and check some out, quite a few run dedicated servers so playing online is still pretty fun, even after 7 years! 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

lost odyssey, wind waker or mass effect for me. If I was forced to choose one though it'd be lost odyssey

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Hard to choose but its between:

- Final Fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy X
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
- Counter-Stike

Around the Network
FaRmLaNd said:
Unfortunately Troika were a financially troubled company and they had to work without pay to release the last patch before collapsing. The ending whilst weaker then the rest of the game is still good enough. I doubt Troika had a choice in the matter in the end.
Deus Ex on the other hand is a great choice, especially when one takes innovation into account.

Yeah, I know.  I'm going to re-load it soon as I hear there are some unofficial patches that really improve it greatly.  Plus, it does have some of the most fun levels/quests ever.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

i dont really see how i could choose a single game.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Shadow of the colossus or Ico for me.  Cant wait for The last guardian.

Also, desktop tower defence used up many many hours of my time, twas a superb game.

The dude abides   

EDIT.

Will do it later....

Xenosaga 3

Best RPG ever and KOS-MOS was so pitiful =(