By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Muramasa: The Demon Blade: The Most Underrated RPG This Gen?

I don't know you guys knew, but Muramasa: The Demon Blade is a jrpg for the Wii. I've checked the user reviews from sites like Gamefaqs, Gamespot and Amazon and all of the people are saying that its an awesome game (some even saying that its one of the best action rpg they have ever played). On top of that, we have IGN giving it a 8.9, 1up gave it a A-, RPGamer gave it a 4/5, Play Magazine gave it a 10/10, RPGFan gave it a 86/100, GamePro gave it a 4.5/5 and Game Zone gave it a 9/10. Even after all of this I don't see anybody talk about it here on VGChartz or on other forums. So, could this be a hidden jrpg gem?

Around the Network

i have yet to play it myself, but i´m sure of the quality of the title from the videos, reviews and everything else i´ve seen of it, if i had the cash i would definitely buy it.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

I picked this up the other day and although I haven't put much time into it yet, I'm really liking it so far.

It's not underrated. Everyone knows it's good, just no one actually wants it. It really looks like one of better JRPG's out there. I just don't want it. I want something else instead. I think other people probably have this mindset, too, with FF coming out soon.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

My thoughts simplified..

Beautifully realized world(I prefer the music to the artstyle)

Basic Combat

Unforgiving Backtracking

I like this game but it's not for everyone.

Also it's more of an adventure game than a RPG.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

it got a price a price drop recently at gamestop, its 29.99 new

I really have to pick this game up.

Everyone I know that has played it, seems to like it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Not underrated, just low-profile.

Not really a JRPG, either. Feels more like an action game to me.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Great art, great music, great story (it dabbles in pretty much every Japanese ghost story), but really repetitive grinding combat and exploring. But ... I can't complain too much, because you could just kinda speedrun through the parts you didn't like, and skip the fights you didn't want, and then grind in the few spots where you could do it quickly. It really was fun. Great voice acting too. They put a lot of love into that game. It was kinda like playing an action/RPG version of Kwaidan.

Great game, Although I agree with the backtracking thing they could of made it a little better in that respect although I'm not that far into the game yet. It is an exelent game but i don't think it's underrated, Was their a official muramasa thread at any point I can't seem to find one?