By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: Best Games OVERALL! (And the winner is....)

WTF list...

Around the Network
dobby985 said:
Snesboy said:
I stand by my previous point. Uncharted 2 is not deserving to be on that list.

Exactly, It's a combination of Gears of War with the easiest of Tomb Raider puzzles.

(Not my words but I agree with who originally said that)

Totally agree.

freebs2 said:
dobby985 said:
Snesboy said:

Exactly, It's a combination of Gears of War with the easiest of Tomb Raider puzzles.

Totally agree.

"It's a combination of Gears of War with the easiest of Tomb Raider puzzles."

And that makes it a bad game/not deserving to be on the list?

Nice list ...

Where's MGS3 ?! MGS4 ?!

Whatever I could live with it.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Mendicate Bias said:
EncodedNybble said:

@ssj12

Amen brother (except for the last HL specific bit). Halo did very little to the genre outside of grenades (meh), regenerating shields without any sort of upgrade (that absolutely ruined it for me) and being on a console and having online play (as golden eye did the 4 player split screen way before and many PC FPSs starting way back with Doom had online play).

So, I'll give it to Halo that it introduced an FPS that can be played by 4 people in the same room or online, but that, to me, isn't that big of a feat.

It's a good console FPS and consoles lacked FPSs at the time, but if your game goes from awesome to "meh" because it changes platforms (and the platforms don't change anything too drastically like controls or other gameplay), then that says a lot about the game's quality.

Oh yea PC gamers hated Halo:CE when it came to PC cause it showed how bad it was compared to leet PC fps...oh wait. 

But of course it sold really badly on PC cause no one would buy such a noobish game that was released 2 years after the xbox version when PC games had evolved pass their measly console counterparts.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-top-100-pc-games-21st-century?page=0,8 

oh ummm...oops

The fact is that Halo is popular and it started the revolution that brought fps to consoles en mass and because of that PC gamers hate Halo. If they hopped off the bandwagon and took the time to actually look at the game they would see that it brought more innovations to the fps genre than most other series ever have.

Halo PC: 83 http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/halo?q=halo

Halo 2 PC: 72 http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/halo2?q=halo

Decent game, I own it on PC, it still doesnt stand out among anything released.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Boutros said:
freebs2 said:
dobby985 said:
Snesboy said:

Totally agree.

There is some difference beetween being considered a bad game and a top10 decade game.

There are a lot of orignial games that deserves to be on that list a lot more than an average action carbon-copy game. Even if it has good graphics, good but repetitive gameplay and all....

freebs2 said:
Boutros said:
freebs2 said:
dobby985 said:
Snesboy said:

Totally agree.

There is some difference beetween being considered a bad game and a top10 decade game.

There are a lot of orignial games that deserves to be on that list a lot more than an average action carbon-copy game. Even if it has good graphics, good but repetitive gameplay and all....

Uncharted is not an average action game and certainly not a carbon-copy game. You just don't know what you're talking about.

And that's the way the list is made. They took each GOTY and they made a list with them.

I've already completed Uncharted 1, I do not own the 2nd but I have played it for about 4 hours (I borrowed it from a friend), it's not that different characters and different ambient settings makes it a different game from Gears Of War. The most notable gameplay difference between those games it's the lack of the team mates in Uncharted.

freebs2 said:
I've already completed Uncharted 1, I do not own the 2nd but I have played it for about 4 hours (I borrowed it from a friend), it's not that different characters and different ambient settings makes it a different game from Gears Of War. The most notable gameplay difference between those games it's the lack of the team mates in Uncharted.

That whole part of, IDK, not in space/underground, different cinematic structure, and most importantly PLATFORMING make it quite a bit different from Gears... and furthermore Tomb Raider...

From my observation, it doesn't seem like you've played Uncharted 2 let alone 4 hours if the only thing that that you can differentiate between gears and uncharted is co-op...

I was hoping Kotor would get first, but this is indeed an acceptable list.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~