By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FF13 360 to use Bink for cutscenes,360 720p vs 1080p PS3 Cutscenes

Hero_time88 said:
kowenicki said:

Yep still 360....

my favoured console, my favoured controller and my favoured tally (achievements over trophies) why does this offend people....? it really is none of your business.

Okay, your lose.

Lose what?

Around the Network
Hero_time88 said:
kowenicki said:

Yep still 360....

my favoured console, my favoured controller and my favoured tally (achievements over trophies) why does this offend people....? it really is none of your business.

Okay, your lose.

His lose what?

Is this a new meme I'm not familiar with? WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

If you own 1080p capable TV (especially bigger one) you can definitely see difference between 1080p and 720p resolutions. Too bad that mine is 720p only. =/

ClaudeLv250 said:
My life was already thoroughly ruined when I found out that I had to swap discs. Now the most important part of the game has been gimped at 720p? How fucking dare you, Square Enix.

This is not S-E fault they do this to save Dvd's.

They compressed the video files so you will have to swap one less disc.

Don't worry your game will still look amazing.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Hero_time88 said:
kowenicki said:

Yep still 360....

Okay, your lose.

Don't get it either...how is it a lose for him?

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
Hero_time88 said:
kowenicki said:

Yep still 360....

Okay, your lose.

Lose what?

I think he meant to say your loss.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

Solid_Snake4RD said:

The back of the box for the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII has revealed that the 360 version of the game will utilize Bink video, likely for compression of the game's many cutscenes.

The Bink Video logo is displayed clearly on the back of the box. Bink have special video tools designed for the Xbox 360 and they have been used in RPGs such as Borderlands, Mass Effect and Square Enix's The Last Remnant. The Japanese PS3 version of FF13 did not use Bink.

The Bink webpage indicates that the codec will show 720p video. The Japanese PS3 version of the game had the game's 40+ minutes of FMV encoded at uncompressed 1080p.

US retailer GameStop released the image of the back of the box, which also suggested the game will have Downloadable Content.

http://www.uffsite.net/news/354/ff13-360-to-use-bink-for-cutscene-compression.html

I'm pretty sure it's a lot more the 40 minutes of cut scenes especially since the cut scenes take up most of the data of the game.  Every FF game since 7 had a lot more then 40 minutes of cut scenes.

Bullet100000 said:
dsister44 said:
Hero_time88 said:
kowenicki said:

Yep still 360....

Okay, your lose.

Lose what?

I like "your lose" instead. Sure, it was verging on sexually harassing the English language, but it was a lot less pretentious.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Oh no, FFXIII will only have the same resolution on the 360 that God of War has on the PS3 how ever will we poor 360 owners handle that!

ClaudeLv250 said:
Bullet100000 said:
dsister44 said:
Hero_time88 said:
kowenicki said:

Yep still 360....

Okay, your lose.

Lose what?

I like "your lose" instead. Sure, it was verging on sexually harassing the English language, but it was a lot less pretentious.

LOL!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!