By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Scores: 8.5/10 for Uncharted, 9/10 for Mass Effect

NeoGAF member egmfan89 has posted score from latest EGM magazine:

Mario and sonic olympics: 6,7,6
Geometry wars galaxies: 8.5,7, 8.5
Fire Emblem: 9,9, 8.5
Need For speed pro street: 8.5, 7.5, 7
tony hawk: 5.5, 6.5, 7.5
Manhunt 2: 4, 5, 7
CoD 4: 9.5, 8.5, 9.5
Blacksite Area 51: 6, 5, 6
Kane and Lynch: 7.5, 7, 7
Uncharted: 3 8.5s
naruto 360: 6.5, 8, 5.5
timeshift: 5.5, 5.5, 6
mass effect: 9, 9.5, 9
contra 4: 7.5, 8, 8
cooking mama 2: 3 7.5s
ffxii: revenant wings: 8, 7.5, 6
MGS: PO: 7.5, 7, 7.5

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207898

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

im getting both! Yes!

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Nice reviews for Geometry Wars galaxies...

Fire emblem > Uncharted ?

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Which was game of the month? Mass Effect or COD4? They have the same score.

Nice, and EGM reviewers are rough. Good for both games.

Around the Network

Excellent scores for Fire Emblem. I'll definitely be picking it up sooner or later.

Disappointing scores for Manhunt 2, but then I really wasn't expecting it to be any good anyway.

Equally disappointing score for Kane & Lynch. I think a lot of people were expecting this game to be a potential AAA title, but it looks to be just mediocre.

Good scores for Uncharted, but I think people were expecting a 9+. If not, it looks like just another good but over-hyped Sony title.

Very good sign for Mass Effect, though I still don't know exactly what's making this game so critically acclaimed. I may just have to play it for myself and see...

Disappointing score for Revenant Wings, too. Why can't the DS seem to get any quality RPGs?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Fire Emblem 9.2!!!

Hmmm, I thought they be much harder on FE. They didn't sound positive at all on the 1UP show. They call it a gamecube ported to Wii with no changes. (ie. no motion controls or updated graphics)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Yes, that is exactly what FE is. Still, it is what, the top strategy game on any next generation console so what are you going to do. It is a lot of high scores.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

But I thought 1up was biased against Nintendo, why are they giving FE that score? Oh that's right maybe they actually know what they're talking about...

Anyway I'm getting both ME and Uncharted and I'll probably try out FE too to see what it is.

@Carlos: comparing FE and Uncharted makes a lot of sense right? cause god forbid they're both good. Do you have to always try to put down the non Wii console

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!