By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MW2 (PS3) outsell GT5?

MW2 (PS3) outsell GT5?

MW2 will sell more 45 20.45%

Granturismo 5 will sell more 138 62.73%

MW2 will sell more if GT5 has no bundles 23 10.45%

I'm a troll so ill go he... 14 6.36%

Total:220
jarrod said:
letsdance said:
toastboy44562 said:

I personally think MW2 will sell more than GT5. Anyone want to take my bet?  Note: this isnt counting GT5 bundles. remember GT5p sold what it did because of huge bundling in japan/europe

...only like 200k were from that GT bundle in Japan and probablly like 50k in EU... thats less than 7% of total numbers... and most of the EU bundles would have been bought seperatly anyways

Every copy of Spec III was bundled in Japan, for free.  According to Famitsu...

GT5 Prologue: 238,578

GT5 Prologue Spec III: 295,174

...btw, have a source for that EU bundle figure?  Just 50k for ALL of Europe?? LOL

Oh my... how off I was... oh wait... I said "only like" I think 295 is "like" 200... It starts in the same hundred.... and yes 50k is very reasonable. Its hardly wide spread as much as everyone makes it out to be... Even then with the numbers you provide it's a whopping... wait... only one more %... less than 8%!!!

Oh... and I'd ask you to provide bundling numbers for EU... but I know you can't.

Around the Network

Im a Troll and I think MW2 will sell more than GT5 because GT5 has over 1000 Cars but not over 9000. :O

I think on current trends GT5 will sell more. Maybe not much more, but more nonetheless.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

letsdance said:
jarrod said:
letsdance said:
toastboy44562 said:

I personally think MW2 will sell more than GT5. Anyone want to take my bet?  Note: this isnt counting GT5 bundles. remember GT5p sold what it did because of huge bundling in japan/europe

...only like 200k were from that GT bundle in Japan and probablly like 50k in EU... thats less than 7% of total numbers... and most of the EU bundles would have been bought seperatly anyways

...btw, have a source for that EU bundle figure?  Just 50k for ALL of Europe?? LOL

Oh my... how off I was... oh wait... I said "only like" I think 295 is "like" 200... It starts in the same hundred.... and yes 50k is very reasonable. Its hardly wide spread as much as everyone makes it out to be... Even then with the numbers you provide it's a whopping... wait... only one more %... less than 8%!!!

Oh... and I'd ask you to provide bundling numbers for EU... but I know you can't.

LOL @ "starts and end in the same hundred".  How about you lend me $295 and I'll pay you back $200 eventually.  I mean 295 is "like" 200, right? ;)

Look at it this way, the bundle more than doubled Japan ltd.  The free bundle accounts for 55% of actual sellthrough. That's actually the only figure we have for anywhere...

And uh, I'm not the one making any claim on EU bundle percentages, you are!  Unless you can source that, please just stop talking out your ass with made up figures like 7%.  Thanks. <3

jarrod said:
letsdance said:
jarrod said:
letsdance said:
toastboy44562 said:

LOL @ "starts and end in the same hundred".  How about you lend me $295 and I'll pay you back $200 eventually.  I mean 295 is "like" 200, right? ;)

Look at it this way, the bundle more than doubled Japan ltd.  The free bundle accounts for 55% of actual sellthrough. That's actually the only figure we have for anywhere...

And uh, I'm not the one making any claim on EU bundle percentages, you are!  Unless you can source that, please just stop talking out your ass with made up figures like 7%.  Thanks. <3

Your logic fails. You want to barrow money from me I expect all of it back... Id still want the rest of it if you paid me 290 back.

And it hardly matters if bundling made more than 55% of Japans figures when WW GT5P is at 4.6 million, 300k is a drop in the bucket.

You dont realize how small bundling EU actually has. They have lots of games in different areas for short times. Not like in NA that bundles the same game for long periods. So though total bundles in NA could be a couple hundred thousand its of one game when in EU it could be the same amount of bundles but of 5 different games.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
jarrod said:
letsdance said:
jarrod said:
letsdance said:
toastboy44562 said:

Your logic fails. You want to barrow money from me I expect all of it back... Id still want the rest of it if you paid me 290 back.

But I thought 295 is "like" 200?  What's the difference?

jarrod said:
letsdance said:
jarrod said:
letsdance said:
jarrod said:
letsdance said:
toastboy44562 said:

But I thought 295 is "like" 200?  What's the difference?

oh my lord... your stretching now dude. 290 is like 295 but you better be damn sure id want that 5dollars. You fail

letsdance said:

And it hardly matters if bundling made more than 55% of Japans figures when WW GT5P is at 4.6 million, 300k is a drop in the bucket.

You dont realize how small bundling EU actually has. They have lots of games in different areas for short times. Not like in NA that bundles the same game for long periods. So though total bundles in NA could be a couple hundred thousand its of one game when in EU it could be the same amount of bundles but of 5 different games.

lol.  300k is 55% of one major market.  That's most certainly not a "drop in the bucket" and doesn't really reflect all that well for the game.  Unless you can also source bundle figures for the 4.6m worldwide, such a comparison is immaterial at best, and intentionally deceptive at worst.

And no, I don't realize the scale of EU bundling because you've brought nothing credible to the table to inform me.  Source or stop the bullshit.

jarrod said:
letsdance said:

lol.  300k is 55% of one major market.  That's most certainly not a "drop in the bucket" and doesn't really reflect all that well for the game.  Unless you can also source bundle figures for the 4.6m worldwide, such a comparison is immaterial at best, and intentionally deceptive at worst.

And no, I don't realize the scale of EU bundling because you've brought nothing credible to the table to inform me.  Source or stop the bullshit.

lol... 6.5% of total WW figures is a drop in the bucket.

Gran Turismo 5 will sell more than Modern Warfare 2 LTD.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix!