By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 Overrated?

Either Mass Effect 2 is over-rated and every other game pretty much which dares to be rated over 90 is over-rated or none of them are. Personally giving out 90+ scores should be a once in a year event for a site, and consoles ought to not get more than 2 in a year, they ought to be that rare.

Tease.

Around the Network

I don't have some sociopathic need to complain. JMO. Op asked and we answered. People who think it's a 9.6 or better probably wouldn't bother with this thread. I find it surprising that BW have moved to a more linear style with this IP. Makes for less replayability.

selnor said:
Personally, everything you dont seem to like. I like. So it's wierd. I'm glad the Mako is gone. I'm also glad of the scanning. ( I like FF card games so.... ) And the story isnt linear. It is just paced. Play through both games a few times, and you'll see very different ME2 story. The sunstance doesnt change. But what happens and how does.

Personally it's the first RPG on a computer to make me feel like I was Role Playing. Instead of stat reading.

I agree completely with what you posted. This game is a RPG because you choose the path your character takes and it affects the story and gameplay in the process. You choose how to handle situations in the game unlike in some games in which the plot leads to the same outcome over and over again. This is Role Playing at its finest.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Hm weird, planet scanning sounds like fun to me.  

I haven't played it but I know its not overrated.

Just a note about planet scanning-- before I bought the upgrade it was pretty slow unless you used the method where you kept tapping the trigger.

If you go slow, you get everything, if you use the trigger tapping method it's easy to miss things.

Now that I upgraded the planet scanning, it's much faster and easier now.