By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsofts X10 event. Official thread.

4 more days after today

Around the Network
plb said:
Apart from the games..I hope they add youtube, espn360 and if possible hulu support for xbox live...it would be awesome. I really don't understand what's holding MS from adding youtube support...EVERYONE would use it.

Well about youtube support that will be difficult because google owns it and they are  microsoft's biggest competitiors for now. But if they add a browser based on IE9 that would be awesome and you could use youtube without  a agreement  with google.

hasonap said:
plb said:
Apart from the games..I hope they add youtube, espn360 and if possible hulu support for xbox live...it would be awesome. I really don't understand what's holding MS from adding youtube support...EVERYONE would use it.

Well about youtube support that will be difficult because google owns it and they are  microsoft's biggest competitiors for now. But if they add a browser based on IE9 that would be awesome and you could use youtube without  a agreement  with google.

Please no browser. God no. Everything is about Apps these days. Noone gives a crap about browsers. Applications made for the 360 are the right way to go. Look at Iphone. Everyone uses the apps, not the browser.

selnor said:
hasonap said:
plb said:

Please no browser. God no. Everything is about Apps these days. Noone gives a crap about browsers. Applications made for the 360 are the right way to go. Look at Iphone. Everyone uses the apps, not the browser.

If they opened up XNA to be able to make TCP/IP requests, then the 360 would already have a capable app marketplace.  Tons of people would jump in on this, offering light weight 360 front-end clients for web services that they already have.  Lets cross our fingers that they make this so.

JaggedSac said:
selnor said:
hasonap said:
plb said:

If they opened up XNA to be able to make TCP/IP requests, then the 360 would already have a capable app marketplace.  Tons of people would jump in on this, offering light weight 360 front-end clients for web services that they already have.  Lets cross our fingers that they make this so.

Yes to this. Amen.

Around the Network

According to a post on Gaf by a Rare employee, Perfect Dark will be fully playable and there is some info (release date?) to happen at the event.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

I want to see more Fable III or any Gears of War news.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

X10! i prefer this than CES, reason being its more on software, not hardware.
Looking foward to Alan wake and Halo Reach =)

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

I heard theres going to be Windows 7 Mobile and Xbox 360 linkage. That might show up or it might not, depending on when they intend to release Windows 7 Mobile.

Tease.

Microsoft wouldn't put YouTube or a Internet browser because microsoft competetior have browsers and Sony ps3 has a browser and YouTube that why I think microsoft wouldn't want to get either