By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crysis info needed.

I'm wondering, as i have heard from people with really powerful pc's that they had to turn down some settings just to get crysis running normally, what kind of pc do you actually need to play this game in the highest settings?? If you can just write down what kind of parts the pc would need to run it so .

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

i got

AMD 5800+ (aka 2.9~ghz dual core)
2 gigs ram
2900 HD pro 1 gig

runs 30 fps (aka not totally smooth, but playable) on everything 'High' with 2xAA

so in other words, you would probably need something like a 6000+, 4 gigs ram and a 8800GT to run it smooth on 'Very high'

EDIT : o yea i gotta say i play on 1440x990 :>

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Yowza.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

I can get around 30fps (more or less depending on whats going on) with all the settings set to medium, no AA, and a resolution of 800x600. Unless something has changed, I haven't played it a whole lot because apparently it doesn't support my sound card or something like that (something with Creative?) so to get any sound in-game, I'd have to move my tower and connect my speakers to my onboard sound and I don't want to do that just to play one game.

I have a,

E2160 1.8ghz - overclocked to 3.0ghz
2gigs ram
7800gt

I believe a new video card is in order, but COD4 runs at around 30fps (but not exactly smooth, but playable enough without too much trouble) with most everything on high, no AA, and 800x600. So maybe I can wait for a little longer.

IllegalPaladin said:

I haven't played it a whole lot because apparently it doesn't support my sound card or something like that (something with Creative?) so to get any sound in-game, I'd have to move my tower and connect my speakers to my onboard sound and I don't want to do that just to play one game.

Tryed the latest soundcard drivers? Anyway, are you saying you also have your onboard sound turned on and those drivers installed? I suggest going into your bios and turn that thing off as soon as possible. Most likley the cause of this.

Everything on high with crossfire 1900 xt setup, x-fi, 3 gigs of ram and a am2 4000 processor and a well tweaked Vista running it. Running smoothly here.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Around the Network

I don't know, I've done a quick little search and I don't seem to be alone. I'll check it out once I get more time.

i would really like to get this game but i dont think my pc could even run it at low settings

I have a Q6600, 4GB ram and a 8800GTS it runs nice and smoothly with everything set on high @ 1680 x 1050 no AA in WinXP

In Vista it doesn't run at all with everything set to Very high, but works "ok" with Water on Very high and everything else set to high. I'll run more tests after I finish HL2:E2.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Hmm, maybe something just with Vista? Or perhaps something with DX10?

Gaming vitals
----------------
AMD X2 5200+
4GB DDR2 800
8800 GTS 320MB

In XP:
- 1280x800, no AA, High Quality, 40 FPS - Only setting I have really tried because it looks amazing and is pretty damn smooth with only minor blips.

In Vista:
- 1280x800, no AA, Very High Quality, 12-20 FPS
- 1280x800, no AA, High Quality, 25-30 FPS
- 960x600, no AA, Very High Quality, 25-30 FPS
- 960x600, no AA, High Quality, ~50 FPS

*Note- Numbers are off the top of my head and its been a while since I played with it.

To Each Man, Responsibility