By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crysis info needed.

@sqrl:

Any idea of how CPU dependent Crysis is? My system goes like this, and I know my CPU is not exactly a powerhouse...

Intel Allendale 2140 OC@2.0Ghz
2GB DDR2800
Radeon X1950GT 256MB (not here yet, actually a stopgap for a NEW 8800GTS or a 9800)

I'm not planning to change the CPU soon, so how do you think it will do? Any hardware comparison out there?

Around the Network

I'm gonna load up the game and toss a grenade into a house and watch the CPUs on my second monitor will edit in a moment.

^^^

PINK - Idle/Standing around

BLUE - Exploding Jeep

YELLOW - Tabbing out to take Screenshot

PINK - IDLE

BLUE - Shooting trees...lots of trees and watching lots of trees fall and interact

PINK - Idle

BLUE - Grenade collapsing a house to rubble

All of these spikes and such were while the game was loading up.

To Each Man, Responsibility
fazz said:
@sqrl:

Any idea of how CPU dependent Crysis is? My system goes like this, and I know my CPU is not exactly a powerhouse...

Intel Allendale 2140 OC@2.0Ghz
2GB DDR2800
Radeon X1950GT 256MB (not here yet, actually a stopgap for a NEW 8800GTS or a 9800)

I'm not planning to change the CPU soon, so how do you think it will do? Any hardware comparison out there?

I have a 2160 cpu, but it's overclocked to 3.0ghz though.

Wow, thx, great graphs Sqrl :D. It seems quite CPU dependent, so I may try to add some more Mhz to my CPU just like IllegalPaladin.

I just checked at Tom's HG for the difference between your CPU Sqrl (A64X2,5200) and mine, and seems to be quite more powerful... at least when mine is @1.8Ghz.

I have the best computer of anyone I know in real life, but I have zero confidence that I could achieve more than 10 frames per second with this game. It's all relative.

It's a double-edged sword for them. Their unbelievable graphics are what got people talking about this game, but those same graphics are limiting their potential userbase to a very, very small section of the PC market. It will be interesting to see how it sells.