By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Good debut weeks for No more heroes 2 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?

Tatsunoko vs Capcom had a debut week of about 100,000

and No More Heroes 2 had a debut week of about 41,000 according to Vgchartz.

The original No More Heroes game had a debut week of 36,000.

Will the publishers be pleased with those numbers or underwhelmed? 

It seems Tatsunoko had a decent opening week, but No More Heroes might have struggled a bit-- I hope both of these games have strongs legs though.  Predictions?

I think Tasunoko can eventually get to 3/4 million and No More Heroes 2 to 400,000-500,000.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network

No more Heroes 2 had less advertising than the first one in NA and somehow it managed to do better than the 1st. I hope the word of mouth keeps it strong. ESPECIALLY considering the game is so much better than the 1st one in almost every respect.

Both games did well. TvC did better than I expected (25k more worldwide).

The game GREATLY benefitted from a commercial. Whether it will be adjusted down by maybe 7k remains to be seen, but would've only managed a 40k debut without a commercial based on preorders.

Which leads me to No More Heroes 2, which had no commercial and managed 40k. If Ubisoft feels that the game underperformed somehow (despite beating the original's launch week*) they have absolutely NO right to blame anyone else but themselves. I personally am pretty pissed off that this game got literally nothing in terms of promotion. TvC did and reaped the benefits. Not only that, this is the second time that Ubisoft has done this.

*-could be adjusted down

Tatsunoko will do well from now on; at least 400k lifetime at this point if you exclude the sales of the Japanese original.

No More Heroes 2 is harder to judge, because it depends solely on the word of mouth spread by gamers. It got great reviews, so maybe people will hear about it that way, but Ubisoft left it out there to die. I'd say...380k lifetime. I hope to God I am wrong, and it gets higher.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

NMH2 has had a bad start, being a sequel to a somewhat popular game it should be expected to have a strong first week, but it didn't. Maybe bad advertising, but I'm inclined to think that the original wasn't as well liked by it's owners as it appears on sites like this.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Depends on the legs, if they drop significantly then the decent first week will mean nothing

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Word of mouth and good reviews should help nmh 2, I think it'll outsell the first one. It's only the first 4 days it's sold 41 k aswell so hopefully it should sell pretty well and TvC should do well although japan sales will suffer because people will already own the original version.

If No More Heroes does bomb, that's very harsh luck for Marvelous who are in trouble as it is. NMH was their second best selling title ever.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I am quite sure that both will surpass half a millon copies sold. Actually, I think they both might be really close to become millon sellers.
No More Heroes 2 will have amazing legs.

For Wii games with hardly any advertising, both games did well. However, they are going to need some good word of mouth and some kind of hype or advertising from their parent company to sustain long term sales.  And advertising besides just positive reviews on review sites and a webpage.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

TVC was actually advertised. Maybe Ubishit should take notes...