By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Now that ME2 has settled around a 96 on meta, do you think it will be GOTY?

Now that ME2 has settled around a 96 on meta, do you think it will be GOTY?

Definitely 70 23.89%

Maybe 140 47.78%

Unsure 21 7.17%

Not likely 45 15.36%

No, thats impossible 17 5.80%

Total:293

I put maybe, because it's the obvious front runner right now, but will have to wait for some other games to give a good comparison.

Around the Network

it'll probably get a few GOTY awards but its a bit too early doncha think ?
GoW 3
Alan Wake
Halo Reach
GT5
FF XIII

All possible GOTY contenders.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
GoW 3
Alan Wake
Halo Reach
GT5
FF XIII

Doubt it. If it does, I'll be amazed. It'll be the first FF to get GOTY.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I just cannae wait to play the contenders.

Everything pointing towards a bonza year for us gamers and an even better one for people who like to argue. Bring it on!

huaxiong90 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
GoW 3
Alan Wake
Halo Reach
GT5
FF XIII

Final Fantasy XII recieved quite a few Game of the Year awards. Mass Effect 2 will probably take quite a few. But there is 1 game that I know that will be my GoTY as they always are and it is FF13 :)

Around the Network

I reccon Red Dead Redemtion will do very well, mabye well enough to beat ME2!

Hi 0.0

Wagram said:
huaxiong90 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
GoW 3
Alan Wake
Halo Reach
GT5
FF XIII

Final Fantasy XII recieved quite a few Game of the Year awards. Mass Effect 2 will probably take quite a few. But there is 1 game that I know that will be my GoTY as they always are and it is FF13 :)

Overall GOTY awards? No, I don't recall any. I'll be amazed if it gets GOTY awards over Mass Effect 2.

i am playing it on pc... on my aion free time.
not GOTY imo for me for now.

besides random sex scenes-

ME was a good RPG with only a few technical flaws. ME2 is an average TPS with no genius. Of course the game is not bad, it's nicely polished and smells high budget, but still, it's definitely lost its way from the first one. Despite the US praising the game because they love shooters, it's definitely not a GOTY contender for me.

About Heavy Rain and the 6/10 it got from Gamekult, that's really funny to read people claiming it doesn't count because it's a bad score. I'd trust a Gamekult review over any other website's review, they're the only gaming website I know that doesn't succumb to the call of money. They don't give good scores to games that doesn't deserve it, even if it's a blockbuster or if the editor threatens them (as is often the case, Sony's threat about HR is not an exception). Truth is, Heavy Rain is barely a game, so calling it a good game is quite a stretch. As GK concluded : "it's too slow paced for a movie, and too boring for a game". This sums up very well what the game is, an attempt to transform a movie into a game by only streching it over 10 hours and adding QTEs, which turned out to be a bad idea. Definitely no GOTY for this one either.

kuraobi said:
ME was a good RPG with only a few technical flaws. ME2 is an average TPS with no genius. Of course the game is not bad, it's nicely polished and smells high budget, but still, it's definitely lost its way from the first one. Despite the US praising the game because they love shooters, it's definitely not a GOTY contender for me.

About Heavy Rain and the 6/10 it got from Gamekult, that's really funny to read people claiming it doesn't count because it's a bad score. I'd trust a Gamekult review over any other website's review, they're the only gaming website I know that doesn't succumb to the call of money. They don't give good scores to games that doesn't deserve it, even if it's a blockbuster or if the editor threatens them (as is often the case, Sony's threat about HR is not an exception). Truth is, Heavy Rain is barely a game, so calling it a good game is quite a stretch. As GK concluded : "it's too slow paced for a movie, and too boring for a game". This sums up very well what the game is, an attempt to transform a movie into a game by only streching it over 10 hours and adding QTEs, which turned out to be a bad idea. Definitely no GOTY for this one either.

I think they said GameKult don't count because Metacritic doesn't include their reviews. No matter how hard you try to spin it with theories, Heavy Rain is technically a game. It's just a different type of game is all.