By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFVIII remake more likely?

or maybe not make ff7 for the ps3 but for say a psp...2...?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

They still need to remake V and VI first.

ugh ff8 was the worst one of the ps1 series, probably worst one outta all of them

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

It is far more likely that you'll get these remakes on a nextgen portable a la the FFIII and IV remakes on DS where dev costs would be far more constrained.

And I'm w/ Casey: FFVIII is actually the worst game in the entire series.

CaseyDDR said:
ugh ff8 was the worst one of the ps1 series, probably worst one outta all of them

I'll pretend you never said that.....

FFVIII FTW!!!!!

Around the Network

How could FFVII POSSIBLY be difficult to make on the PS3 when it was possible on the PS1?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

WKC is better than FF8 :P

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

Why do people assume that it will be a PS3 exclusive?

dsister44 said:

Because Sony are the publishers of FFVIII, at least in PAL areas, therefore they are the only ones who can distribute the game, since a remake works the same as a re-release (Or so I am lead to believe), Sony obviously wont publish it on other consoles.

Like Ghostbusters, Sony bought the right to publish and then delayed the 360 version in Europe.

LordChris915 said:
dsister44 said:

Because Sony are the publishers of FFVIII, at least in PAL areas, therefore they are the only ones who can distribute the game, since a remake works the same as a re-release (Or so I am lead to believe), Sony obviously wont publish it on other consoles.

Like Ghostbusters, Sony bought the right to publish and then delayed the 360 version in Europe.

So because Sony published a game that was later brought out on 360 that proves your point? Yeah, um... I guess that makes sense... but not really