By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassins Creed GOTY?

Ok. I've just checked the videos - head-to-head (IGN)  and X360 does work better but PS3 keeps acceptable framerate too. As for me it works better than Heavenly Sword as far as video goes. I would say X360 keeps over 30fps while PS3 is below (5fps less?) this but still seems smooth.

Around the Network

There is not one single GOTY BTW. Each site has its own. I'd guess SMG will not be GOTY on Gamepot or 1UP. I'd guess they'd pick either Halo 3, Bioshock, or COD4.

I do think SMG will get more GOTY awards than any other game though.

i dont think it will be GOTY i think SMG will be

rocketpig said:
Anyone who bashes this game hasn't played it. It creates a new standard for character integration into the world and the animations are absolutely stunning, as are the cities. It does have a few problems (namely the entire first hour where you do absolutely nothing of interest), but this game offers such different gameplay that it deserves to be mentioned in the GOTY discussion.

I haven't gotten far enough into the game to know if it has repetitive gameplay or not but as it stands now (3-4 hours into it), it has changed my perception of how sandbox-style games should work.

yes the game is great but i dont think it will be GOTY

Tetsuo Shima said:
This game is pretty overlooked lately. With every new review I read (4 now - 100,100,96,95) I tend to believe it will trumple all competition out there. I think the most likely scenerio is the fight between AC, SMG, Bioshock and maybe Mass Effect and Uncharted. I think SMG and Uncharted has no chance here. The big asset of AC is freshness. Every title left on this list is great and it polish the genre but only one I would call fresh is AC. It looks like it's a complate package with stunning visuals, good storyline and great gameplay. Opposite to some posters I believe genre of the game means a lot. I think AC has much more chances than Mass Effect which is in more comfortable situation than Bioshock.
Did you spot the fact X360 ownes both Wii and PS3. Yeah me too. Good that most games have a  chance for a solid PS3 port (Bioshock, AC). Enjoy.

what do you mean SMG has no chance it has the best chance also i dont think 360 owns wii and ps3,it might have better games but thats just for now

Around the Network

No way will it get GOTY. The main player, IGN, has destroyed it, and so have some others. The game, surely you can all see, has some MAJOR flaws. Something really has to be pretty polished to get GOTY.

IGN was rediculas on their review, and their UK one pissed me off like no other

a 4 on gameplay, for the love of fuck what is wrong with them.

Ive only fully agreed with IGN reviews a few times, and now i know why.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

^ dont get mad pal its just a game, enjoy life

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Lost tears of Kain said:
IGN was rediculas on their review, and their UK one pissed me off like no other

a 4 on gameplay, for the love of fuck what is wrong with them.

Ive only fully agreed with IGN reviews a few times, and now i know why.

Actually it looks like they got it right.  There are 6 scores lower than theirs, including some in the 60's.

Its just not that good of a game.  Get over it. 

Assassin's Creed is great, but varied gameplay? not really.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!