By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree. Time to prepare.

 

Are you prepared for Shadow of the Erdtree?

Yeah 9 64.29%
 
Nah 2 14.29%
 
I'll do it when it drops. 0 0%
 
Not playing. 3 21.43%
 
Total:14

To access Shadow of the Erdtree's new region, you will need access to Mohgwyn Dynasty Mausoleum in Mohgwyn Palace. Level 100 - 150 is recommended. 

That means defeating a hard as nails bosse, folks and many hours of gaming from the start of NG+. I never beat the final boss cause I couldn't beat Melenia so I'm good but still going to run through the later game areas again to reacquaint myself.

Are you prepared?



Around the Network

Currently about 50-60% through a new appreciation playthrough and I estimate I'll have completed it just in time.



 

 

 

 

 

I have a character ready. I beat every main boss in the game including Malenia, I solo'd her on my 5th try.



i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:

I have a character ready. I beat every main boss in the game including Malenia, I solo'd her on my 5th try.

Are you concerned about being over leveled. I'm in the same boat as you at like level 170, trying Melenia and two or three of the last bosses. Got the Elden beast ready to go and unsure if I should go NG+ right up to Mohgwyn or restart and do just that or stay where I'm at. 



My character is level 172, reinstalled the game yesterday but I won't do a NG+ playthrough.

I might make a new character and play with friends from the beginning to the DLC



Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

I have a character ready. I beat every main boss in the game including Malenia, I solo'd her on my 5th try.

Are you concerned about being over leveled. I'm in the same boat as you at like level 170, trying Melenia and two or three of the last bosses. Got the Elden beast ready to go and unsure if I should go NG+ right up to Mohgwyn or restart and do just that or stay where I'm at. 

I'm not too worried.  Based on the DLC of souls 2, 3 and blood...  not sure being over leveled is a thing with From.  



i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

LegitHyperbole said:

Are you concerned about being over leveled. I'm in the same boat as you at like level 170, trying Melenia and two or three of the last bosses. Got the Elden beast ready to go and unsure if I should go NG+ right up to Mohgwyn or restart and do just that or stay where I'm at. 

Supposedly there's a Sekiro-like attack powerup mechanic for attack in the Land of Shadows so no one isn't going to be too overleveled.



 

 

 

 

 

haxxiy said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Are you concerned about being over leveled. I'm in the same boat as you at like level 170, trying Melenia and two or three of the last bosses. Got the Elden beast ready to go and unsure if I should go NG+ right up to Mohgwyn or restart and do just that or stay where I'm at. 

Supposedly there's a Sekiro-like attack powerup mechanic for attack in the Land of Shadows so no one isn't going to be too overleveled.

Whata ya mean? They're hard capping leveling?



LegitHyperbole said:

Whata ya mean? They're hard capping leveling?

No, there's a new attack mechanic in the Lands of Shadow. You won't deal much damage anyway unless you level that up, so (supposedly) your starting level doesn't make that much of a difference in your damage output.

Of course, you'll still want to have vigor or other stats relatively high beforehand, I suppose, hence why Mohg is the beef gate of the DLC.



 

 

 

 

 

Can you access the DLC from NG+?