My other E3 Most Anticipated Announcement threads
Welcome to part 3 of a planned series of these most wanted E3 announcement threads. I'm planning to do one a day, in chronological order of the press conferences (EA > MS > Bethesda > Square > Ubisoft > Sony > Nintendo).
Personally, I'm very excited for Bethesda's conference this year. So far they've gotten some of their announcements like the Summerset DLC for Elder Scrolls Online out of the way before E3. On top of that, Bethesda is hinting this will be their longest E3 show yet, beating out E3 2015 when they announced Fallout 4, revealed Dishonored 2, and showed DOOM's first gameplay. All signs point to a long show with lots of games and/or in depth looks at their games.
1. Starfield. Status: Very likely. Right now, all signs are pointing to a Starfield reveal at E3. Starfield is the rumored name for Bethesda Game Studios new IP. According to leaks, Starfield is an action RPG with a sci-fi setting, with multiple planets to explore, some of which are hand crafted by Bethesda, while others were created with random generation and fine tuned by Bethesda. First discovered about 4 years ago by a trademark listing, Starfield supposedly was already in development before Fallout 4 released in 2015, and therefore now has close to 4 years of development, with contributed work from all 3 Bethesda Game Studios in Maryland, Texas, and Montreal. Vetted insiders on ResetEra have confirmed that Starfield will be announced at E3 and release later this year. I love BGS games so I'm very hyped for this.
2. Rage 2. Status: Very likely. Well, if we want to get technical, Rage 2 is going to be announced before E3 with gameplay shown at E3 most likely. First leaked earlier this week by the Walmart Canada E3 leak, Bethesda seemingly confirmed that Rage 2 is real, and is hinting at an announcement on Monday, May 14th. Rage 2 is a safe bet at this point, and I couldn't be happier.
3. Fallout 3 Remake/Remaster. Status: Possible. Recently Bethesda asked a modding team to halt production on a planned mod which would recreate Fallout 3 in the Fallout 4 engine. This is highly unusual, as Bethesda allows other modding teams to work on Skywind and Skyblivion, 2 mods designed to recreate Morrowind and Oblivion respectively in the Skyrim engine. Many have taken this as a sign that Fallout 3 is Bethesda's next planned remaster. I loved Fallout 3 so I hope this is true, though I'm not convinced it is true as of yet.
4. A new Fallout game by Obsidian Entertainment. Status- Unlikely. I would love to see another Fallout game by Obsidian, and Obsidian has said multiple times that they want to make another as well, but all signs suggest that one isn't in development. Obsidian just released Pillars of Eternity 2, and has another RPG in development right now which will release under Take-Two's new Private Label. I doubt they have the resources to have been working on 3 games at once, rumors suggest they are smaller than they used to be after some layoffs.
5. A teaser for Elder Scrolls 6. Status: Highly Unlikely. I would love to see a teaser for Elder Scrolls 6, but this is unlikely, as Bethesda Game Studios still has 1 other AAA RPG releasing between Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6.Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 May 2018