Quantcast
Anyone know much about Food Poisoning?

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone know much about Food Poisoning?

Barozi said:
Undercooked pork usually isn't a reason for food poisoning. Now if it was chicken, you'd certainly have a problem with that.

I had food poisoning once due to eating really old pork. Dunno why I did that.
Basically the next day I couldn't stop vomiting until a relative finally brought me some medicine.

Chicken, then pork is all I have had in 2 weeks. More confident I undercooked Pork though still a chance for the chicken.

theprof00 said:
Farsala said:
Update: Feeling much better now. As I said if I got worse or stayed the same I would have walked to the hospital. But today I am feeling 98%. Took an exam without a problem. "Bad reaction" to the food and then dehydration appears to be the culprit. Live and Learn. Thread can be closed.

Happy for you dude!

To be honest, I eat pretty much everything. I'm pretty sure I have some allergies, or bad ecosystem for digestion. I notice that milk sometimes is involved in such cases. But I'm not 100% sure because sometimes it doesn't affect me at all.

Truth be told, sometimes our bodies just don't like what's put in them, even if there's no problem with the food.

And you know the saying, "stress is a killer". It's so true man. A person who worries too much about something can trigger physiological responses without an actual culprit. :D 

Well I didn't start stressing until I literally couldn't breathe. For some reason Dehydration slipped my mind. One thing is for sure I am only eating bland Mac and cheese for the next 5 days now :).



Around the Network
Lafiel said:
theprof00 said:

My only problem is that this only last 6-8 hours with no treatment other than rest.
To me, that doesn't say food poisoning. 

There are a whole assortment of other reasons for vomitting other than food poisoning. 
I once had a caffeine crystal (kind of like a kidney stone). I had all the same symptoms you mentioned.

Also, just the other day I had the same problem. Room was spinning, couldn't focus, everything seemed glossy, stomach hurt, threw up.
It was because I accidentally took double my prescription med.

Food Poisoning is generally a three day rule. In fact, when I was a kid, food poisoning was like the very best thing you could come up with to get out of school because parents knew it was generally a three day thing.

there are a million of different kinds of "food poisoning", it's a very broad term

I think you're just being very broad with the term.

There are three types: Bacterial, viral, and parasitic.
The different types of each of these are varied.

However, neither viral nor parasitic food borne pathogens are treated in such a short time-frame without medications. 
And Bacterial is the one that gives you the worst time out of all of them.

Keep in mind as well, that most people eat something and it doesn't agree with them and they instantly think "food poisoning"

In almost all cases, it takes roughly 24 hours for a food poisoning infection to actually cause results.
Quick reaction times are instead usually triggered by something else, like allergic reaction, or even an unrelated compounding issue like dehydration, ocular migraine, kidney problems, lack of sleep, excess caffeine.



StokedUp said:
Farsala said:

Ambulance is too expensive for me right now even with healthcare. If it is as low as $20 fee, would be a huge impact. But I am sure it is more.

 

As for Poison control center I might consider that, Problem is I feel no symptoms until I move around. If it is as severe as Botulism, I might need proper proof since I ate from government unexpired cans.

Whoa, I completely forget that other countries have to pay for things like this, I guess people in th UK really take free health care for granted. I work in a dangerous industry and have been hospitalised 5-6 times at work, I'd of been gutted if I had to pay for that.

If I was a citizen of UK it would be cheaper for me to buy a plane ticket to UK then use their ambulance than to use one here.



Actually here's a good question.
Did you wash the pan or plate or glass u used before you ate from them?

 

Followup how did you clean them?



Farsala said:
StokedUp said:

Whoa, I completely forget that other countries have to pay for things like this, I guess people in th UK really take free health care for granted. I work in a dangerous industry and have been hospitalised 5-6 times at work, I'd of been gutted if I had to pay for that.

If I was a citizen of UK it would be cheaper for me to buy a plane ticket to UK then use their ambulance than to use one here.

Seriously? I mean, how much are hospital fees? I find it weird that you have to pay for this stuff. It doesn't seem right to have to pay for your health.



PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

Actually here's a good question.
Did you wash the pan or plate or glass u used before you ate from them?

 

Followup how did you clean them?

I only rinse out my glass pretty much, no way I get sick from that.

My Pan probably had remnants of old chicken or pork. I rinse it off real good, and usually add dish soap.

My plate only has cooked food on it, so I don't think it can be contaminated. Regardless I clean with dish soap after major meals.

 

Another possibility is lack of cleaning the pesticides off of my fresh onions. But to truly clean off pesticides you legit have to clean it for 2min+, and I end up too lazy.



StokedUp said:
Farsala said:

If I was a citizen of UK it would be cheaper for me to buy a plane ticket to UK then use their ambulance than to use one here.

Seriously? I mean, how much are hospital fees? I find it weird that you have to pay for this stuff. It doesn't seem right to have to pay for your health.

It all varies and I was exaggerating but for some it is actually true.

I have healthcare and its $40 each time I go. Without Healthcare a broken bone can be 20k-100k... Ambulances can cost as much as $2000 and as little as $300.



OK well I haven't gotten a response, maybe since the problem is resolved u don't feel the need to keep searching but I'm a puzzle solving kinda guy so here's what I know:

Food poisoning generally resolves in 3-7 days and can be pretty bad. It also takes about 24 hours for food poisoning to set in, and is generally not alleviated by vomiting or diarhhea.

There are two other possibilities then given a shorter incubation time and shorter resolution.
Poisoning and allergic reaction.

Allergic reaction would certainly explain the difficulty breathing and also the diarhea. Diarrhea results in stomach over irrigating causing dehydration leading to a migraine and weakness.

The other, poisoning, is not food poisoning, but actual poisoning. There are actually very common poisonings resulting from detergent poisoning. A plate or pan or glass not properly rinsed off after washing will cause this.

The other poisoning possibility is nonstick pan inhalation. This occurs from overheating a pan (which happens much faster than you might think). On top of which, cooking a freshly cleaned pan with a detergent on it will cause all of those symptoms as well.

Generally though, that one is much faster. Like within a couple hours.
If I were a betting man, I would certainly attribute this to detergent poisoning, either from residue from what is believed to be a clean sponge, or just not cleaned thoroughly enough.

That's my two cents.
Also, soap poisoning is VERY common in restaurants.



Why the ballsack is this a thread? There are plenty of much, much better resources than VGChartz.



I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Ninja'd
If you believe there is a possibility of old food on your pan, and you use dish soap, I would say with 95% certainty you got detergent poisoning.