By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone know much about Food Poisoning?

hsrob said:
I'm a doctor and all I can say confidently from the above information is that you aren't qualified to diagnose yourself.

Do yourself a favour and get checked out by an actual doctor. Google doesn't actually replaced 7 years of university education.

Very much this, while googling can work at times (fixing a PC, getting drivers for a PC... general PC stuff) when it comes to your body there is just so much that can't be found by googling one or two issues you're going through, 90% of the stuff online will probably end up making you think you've got some terminal form of an exotic disease which has never set foot in western civilization.

I tried the google idea before with a thing which was sapping my energy, figured a few fixes to it, good old lucozade fixes everything related to lacking energy, ended up in hospital here for almost a month suffering from severe ketoacidosis, almost died... did lose about 5 stone weight tho which was fantastic on the road to finding out, was actually after developing Type 1 diabeties! Good times.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Pray to your god and you will find guidance.

Call the local food poisoning center, a doctor or an ambulance.
There's no point in being worried about money if it turns out to be life threatening.

hsrob said:
I'm a doctor and all I can say confidently from the above information is that you aren't qualified to diagnose yourself.

Do yourself a favour and get checked out by an actual doctor. Google doesn't actually replaced 7 years of university education.

I got nothing against doctors, I am just poor :(. The thing is the doctor cannot always be there, they don't know whats happening to my body 24/7. I can be wrong, but so can doctors, they aren't perfect. I like to use logic and my general feeling about these things.

For example here is a full rundown: All of a sudden yesterday at about 10am I had gotten my first symptom Watery Stool. I was not out of breath or anything else. But after 3 times of Watery stool by 1pm I couldn't breathe as well. So I went to class anyways thinking it was minor, struggled through class and then the 4th and last instance of Watery Stool. Was so out of breath had to take a 5 min break every now and then. Now notice something in those 4+ hours, I had watery stool 4 times, and did not drink a single drop of fluid. My muscles ached pretty bad too. During this time I had such extreme thirst. So I get home drink a glass of a watery liquid then sleep for 4 hours. Get up still feel really tired, drink another glass. Then an hour later drink yet another glass of liquid. Sleep for 4 hours again. Wake up and I am no longer winded from walking. All symptoms gone, other then minor feeling of sick.

From that I conclude I got food poisoning, which then lead to dehydration, which leads to less oxygen in my blood. Less oxygen in your blood as far as I know leads to muscle weakness and makes it harder to breathe.

I overreacted thinking it was Botulism, but botulism seems to have much more severe symptoms.

Your symptoms sound way too tolerable to be food poisoning.
Sounds more like you have a stomach bug.

stomache flu accounts for every single symptom you mentioned.

Around the Network

I would at least call your local poison control center. As for me, well I had food poisoning a year or two back (stupid restaurant). Now I had an excruciating vomit-fest. I think I vomited 11 times in a day... but lets keep going. I had a horrible fever, something like 40C, I was considering calling the hospital at this point. I also nausia and light-headedness. But I didn't have any breathing problems, so I'd look into that. It may be an allargic reaction to something in your house (like mold). I use to breakout in hives if I was exposed to certain moldes, and the same is true today. So it maybe something else.

Also some of the comments here make me happy to have the canadian health care system (even though its far too small for our population). I was told I should go to the hospital if symtom's worsen, and I wasn't told by my doctor and poison control to "tough it up".

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

OneKartVita said:
I had food poisoning when I was 16. On my holidays, got chicken in a restaurant and it was under cooked. 2 hours later I was on a golf course with my cousin. We were on the 3Rd whole when my vision started going blurry. I felt 100% fine but I couldn't fucking focus. It was freaky. So I make it to the 5th and I tell my cousin I'm not feeling well and we head in.

I call my mother and I get a lift. By now my stomach is aching pretty bad and my vision is fucked. So I go to bed. I woke up an hour later and puked for 30mins. Went back to sleep and when I woke up 4 hours later I felt drained but better.

The next day I was fine. I took no medicine or anything. So you'll probably be ok but if you want my advice get to the hospital. I'm not giving you advice to stay because what if something bad happens.

This also does not sound like food poisoning. This sounds like heat exhaustion combined with a migraine, possibly even carbon monoxide poisoning.

You Need to go to the hospital that's for sure.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

theprof00 said:
Your symptoms sound way too tolerable to be food poisoning.
Sounds more like you have a stomach bug.

stomache flu accounts for every single symptom you mentioned.

I had the stomach flu last summer, or as I like to call it the Stomach virus as it has nothing to do with influenza. That involved puking, and literal inability to do anything for a day then it was gone instantly, and extremely contagious.

I know for a fact I undercooked some pork though. Most symptoms for me are minor in any sickness that I get. I have not had a flu or cold in over two years, and they usually only last a few days at most.

Farsala said:
hsrob said:

I got nothing against doctors, I am just poor :(. The thing is the doctor cannot always be there, they don't know whats happening to my body 24/7. I can be wrong, but so can doctors, they aren't perfect. I like to use logic and my general feeling about these things.

For example here is a full rundown: All of a sudden yesterday at about 10am I had gotten my first symptom Watery Stool. I was not out of breath or anything else. But after 3 times of Watery stool by 1pm I couldn't breathe as well. So I went to class anyways thinking it was minor, struggled through class and then the 4th and last instance of Watery Stool. Was so out of breath had to take a 5 min break every now and then. Now notice something in those 4+ hours, I had watery stool 4 times, and did not drink a single drop of fluid. My muscles ached pretty bad too. During this time I had such extreme thirst. So I get home drink a glass of a watery liquid then sleep for 4 hours. Get up still feel really tired, drink another glass. Then an hour later drink yet another glass of liquid. Sleep for 4 hours again. Wake up and I am no longer winded from walking. All symptoms gone, other then minor feeling of sick.

From that I conclude I got food poisoning, which then lead to dehydration, which leads to less oxygen in my blood. Less oxygen in your blood as far as I know leads to muscle weakness and makes it harder to breathe.

I overreacted thinking it was Botulism, but botulism seems to have much more severe symptoms.

sounds like you had a mild diarrhea and dehydration from not drinking enough

botulism from undercooked meat is extremely rare (has to be an enormous piece of meat), as Botuli bacteria die from oxygene and lose out when in competition with other bacteria/fungi - improperly canned food (home-made) is a more likely source and even that is very very rare these days