Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Metroid Thread - Samus is back!

How would you rate Samus Returns out of 10?

1 0 0.00%
 
2 0 0.00%
 
3 0 0.00%
 
4 0 0.00%
 
5 0 0.00%
 
6 0 0.00%
 
7 2 3.92%
 
8 11 21.57%
 
9 19 37.25%
 
10 19 37.25%
 
Total:51
Roma said:
that FF logo is not good at all!

other than that great job! :)

Hey, I didn't make it ;)



Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Prime 2 is the best btw. :p

Love the narrative, graphics, atmosphere and gameplay of that game so much! Some of the bosses are annoying, but most of them are much better than those in Prime 1. And it has the screw attack!

A bigger, better, more ambitious and harder sequel. The fetch quest near the end wasn't as bad as most people make it sound, imo it's much better and easier than the one from the first game, some keys were hidden very cryptical. Also, let's be honest, Sanctuary Fortress is the coolest looking place in the entire Metroid franchise.


I completely agree with you, MP 2 feels like the most epic out of the 3 primes. All the battles against dark samus (well expected for the final one) are some of my favourite boss battles of all times (the music is amazing). I enjoyed the level of challenge the game offered, it was hard but fair. Collecting the keys was never annoying to me, in fact I enjoyed looking for them a lot, any reason to keep playing a game even if it means to backtrack a lot I'll take it



                                                                                     

Samus Aran said:

Prime 2 is the best btw. :p

Love the narrative, graphics, atmosphere and gameplay of that game so much! Some of the bosses are annoying, but most of them are much better than those in Prime 1. And it has the screw attack!

A bigger, better, more ambitious and harder sequel. The fetch quest near the end wasn't as bad as most people make it sound, imo it's much better and easier than the one from the first game, some keys were hidden very cryptical. I also hear a lot of complaints about the backtracking, but ignoring the final fetch quest (which the first game also has) you only need to backtrack twice: once for the seeker missiles and once for the power bomb upgrade. Also, let's be honest, Sanctuary Fortress is the coolest looking place in the entire Metroid franchise.

Best 2D Metroid game is easily Fusion for me. Great narrative, amazing atmosphere and pacing, best villain in a Metroid game and contrary to popular believe, there is exploration in this game!

Whenever I do replay the Prime series, I'll see if my opinion changes. The main reason I love Prime 3 so much is the controls! Wiimote + Nunchuck made for MUCH smoother gameplay IMO. Seeing as I have the Trilogy disc, I'll eventually play both 1 and 2 using said motion controls and maybe my opinion will change :P



MohammadBadir said:
VGPolyglot said:
I guess that I'll join this, even if I'm not very familiar with Metroid.

Play the games! >

I have only played Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime Hunters and Metroid: Other M. The games are pretty expensive, so I don't know when I'll be able to get some Metroid games.



MohammadBadir said:

Whenever I do replay the Prime series, I'll see if my opinion changes. The main reason I love Prime 3 so much is the controls! Wiimote + Nunchuck made for MUCH smoother gameplay IMO. Seeing as I have the Trilogy disc, I'll eventually play both 1 and 2 using said motion controls and maybe my opinion will change :P

I thought Prime 3 was awesome, but the second half of the game got a bit boring in my opinion. I didn't like Prime 2 at all though, easily my least favorite out of the Metroid games I've finished.



Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
MohammadBadir said:

Play the games! >

I have only played Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime Hunters and Metroid: Other M. The games are pretty expensive, so I don't know when I'll be able to get some Metroid games.

If you own a WiiU, play Zero Mission! :)



Tagging! Great job Badir!



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

MohammadBadir said:
Roma said:
that FF logo is not good at all!

other than that great job! :)

Hey, I didn't make it ;)

I would have been a lot meaner if I thought it was you who made it ;)



    R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(


Roma said:
MohammadBadir said:

Hey, I didn't make it ;)

I would have been a lot meaner if I thought it was you who made it ;)

Lol, well for better or worse it's the next Metroid game so I gotta keep it there :P



I just have to scroll down quickly every time I enter this thread then :P

just kidding

you should ad some music

I'll add one of those to my sig later today



    R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(