By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Diablo III: Expansion #2 announcement on Tuesday?

Tagged games:

So -- Blizzard announced RoS at gamescom 2013, and released in March 2014. This was 22 months after the launch of vanilla D3... and they basically redid the entire itemization mechanics.

Considering a 20-22 month gap would place us in November-January... how many people think Blizzard will be announcing the next expansion at their PCGamer keynote ?



Around the Network

I don't think they will do another expansion.
Hope they are working on the next game instead.



BraLoD said:
I don't think they will do another expansion.
Hope they are working on the next game instead.


Did you play RoS.. or better yet the patches since RoS? The game got super fun... dumbed down... but fun.

I personally want them to go free to play with classes and acts being released as DLC.



Yes I played it before and after RoS.
Liked both to be honest, was used to the standard system already, but the new one was also nice.

I just want them to go for the next game rather than making more expansions to the 3rd.
If they do I can't see a chance of they dropping the next game still this gen.

And I play it in PS, not PC (expect for the 2nd of course).



BraLoD said:
Yes I played it before and after RoS.
Liked both to be honest, was used to the standard system already, but the new one was also nice.

I just want them to go for the next game rather than making more expansions to the 3rd.
If they do I can't see a chance of they dropping the next game still this gen.

And I play it in PS, not PC (expect for the 2nd of course).


I bought 2 Copies of vanilla on PC (one for my wife), RoS on PC, Vanilla in PS3, and UEE on PS4.

I play exclusively on PS4 myself... but sales don't lie. PC D3 > PS4+XB1 D3 (especially the XB1 version).

Anyways.... D3 was was leaked to get at least 2-3 expansions on some product slate several years ago. Its been fairly accurate on stuff far.

They also have to many signs pointing to at least 1 expansion: Scoundrel's story arch isn't complete; The discussion about skovos isles; the prime evils escaping when matheal absorbed the stone etc.



Around the Network
sabvre42 said:
BraLoD said:
Yes I played it before and after RoS.
Liked both to be honest, was used to the standard system already, but the new one was also nice.

I just want them to go for the next game rather than making more expansions to the 3rd.
If they do I can't see a chance of they dropping the next game still this gen.

And I play it in PS, not PC (expect for the 2nd of course).


I bought 2 Copies of vanilla on PC (one for my wife), RoS on PC, Vanilla in PS3, and UEE on PS4.

I play exclusively on PS4 myself... but sales don't lie. PC D3 > PS4+XB1 D3 (especially the XB1 version).

Anyways.... D3 was was leaked to get at least 2-3 expansions on some product slate several years ago. Its been fairly accurate on stuff far.

They also have to many signs pointing to at least 1 expansion: Scoundrel's story arch isn't complete; The discussion about skovos isles; the prime evils escaping when matheal absorbed the stone etc.

yeah there was a timeline event graph that showed the planned production dates of key titles. A d3 second expansion was one of them.



Well, so there goes my hope for D4 soon

Hope the expansions are all good then, and I believe it can be.



BraLoD said:
Well, so there goes my hope for D4 soon

Hope the expansions are all good then, and I believe it can be.


For some reason the general concensus is that the next class is gonna be some deriviative of the Amazon from D2. It makes sense that they would create a second bow class ... as right now Bows are quasi exclusive to Demon Hunters.

Story Line is gonna be either Imperius or going into hell itself to rescue leah.

And some leak basically said we are getting some runeword like system in the next expansion (my guess is we are finally getting the charm system they tried to implement during the last 2 releases).

I'm overly hyped before we even get an announcement :(



sabvre42 said:
BraLoD said:
Well, so there goes my hope for D4 soon

Hope the expansions are all good then, and I believe it can be.


For some reason the general concensus is that the next class is gonna be some deriviative of the Amazon from D2. It makes sense that they would create a second bow class ... as right now Bows are quasi exclusive to Demon Hunters.

Story Line is gonna be either Imperius or going into hell itself to rescue leah.

And some leak basically said we are getting some runeword like system in the next expansion (my guess is we are finally getting the charm system they tried to implement during the last 2 releases).

I'm overly hyped before we even get an announcement :(

A level like descent to hell like in 1 would be amazing, nostalgia everywhere xS



BraLoD said:
sabvre42 said:


For some reason the general concensus is that the next class is gonna be some deriviative of the Amazon from D2. It makes sense that they would create a second bow class ... as right now Bows are quasi exclusive to Demon Hunters.

Story Line is gonna be either Imperius or going into hell itself to rescue leah.

And some leak basically said we are getting some runeword like system in the next expansion (my guess is we are finally getting the charm system they tried to implement during the last 2 releases).

I'm overly hyped before we even get an announcement :(

A level like descent to hell like in 1 would be amazing, nostalgia everywhere xS


I think blizzard should add a new act, but also add more content to the existing acts. Since everyone stays in adventure mode all the time.. and you only play through the game once... lengthening the game wouldn't be a bad idea. For example:

Add the other lords of sin. We really only have lust and gluttony so far.