Quantcast
Nintendo Network down? Update: Eshop is finally working!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Network down? Update: Eshop is finally working!

Eshop is still down for me. Although instead of an error I get a message saying that they are currently on maintenance ..that's good I guess.



Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

no word on when this will be fixed? and yes it's probably because of the flood of new people, I was playing the wind waker and there was a lot of people taking pictures in black and white and asking how to get the sail



It's finally working guys! Took long enough.



Nintendo and PC gamer

I've finally been able to connect to the 3DS eShop. (I live in Japan.) Purchased and now downloading ALBW. Got kicked out a couple of times during the purchasing process, hopefully will be complete the download smoothly.



ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Ye see whats causing all the shit? the amount of traffic on the Nintendo network related to the new Pokemon Bank application, seems they plan to take it down for a few days to stop the traffic to see if they can get things working again. Stupid to launch this app exactly on Christmas when everyone needs to update their machines. Absolutely worst move in a long time.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Ye see whats causing all the shit? the amount of traffic on the Nintendo network related to the new Pokemon Bank application, seems they plan to take it down for a few days to stop the traffic to see if they can get things working again. Stupid to launch this app exactly on Christmas when everyone needs to update their machines. Absolutely worst move in a long time.

baby steps for the big N.



I do wish they'd contract out their network infrastructure to a cloud platform provider so that they can expand their resources instantly to whatever capacity they need during peak times.



The rEVOLution is not being televised

padib said:
ganoncrotch said:
Ye see whats causing all the shit? the amount of traffic on the Nintendo network related to the new Pokemon Bank application, seems they plan to take it down for a few days to stop the traffic to see if they can get things working again. Stupid to launch this app exactly on Christmas when everyone needs to update their machines. Absolutely worst move in a long time.

baby steps for the big N.


It's more a case of they're trying to make the baby take it's first steps while at the same time loading concrete slabs full of pokemon onto its back.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Yay eShop! Wii Fit U is now downloading! 9 hours remaining....



ganoncrotch said:


It's more a case of they're trying to make the baby take it's first steps while at the same time loading concrete slabs full of pokemon onto its back.

Hahaha, it's true. Sony and Microsoft spent a whole generation building up their online infrastructures. Nintendo is trying to rush through the process in a couple of years, and they're hitting some speed bumps along the way. But their capabilities are improving dramatically from year to year, so hopefully experiences like this will help them avoid the same situations in the future.