Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has sold over 3,000,000 Wii Us, will they make it to 5.5 million ship come April 1st?

Tagged games:

How much do you think the Wii U will sale by April 1st?

Over 5.5 million 16 25.40%
 
Less then 5.5 million 47 74.60%
 
Total:63

http://wiiublog.com/nintendo-has-sold-3000000-units-of-the-wii-u/

 

So do you think they can sale less then 2.5 million in the next about 60 days?

They already sold over 3 million in less then 75 days.



Around the Network

They will be lucky to be at 3.5 million by then.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Forecast has been cut to 4 million. Furthermore, its shipped to retailers, not sold to consumers.



No, what Nintendo confirmed was, that they _shipped_ (sold to retailers) 3 million units by the end of december 2012. Only a part of that is sold through to the consumer (that's what vgchartz is trying to track).

Nintendo formerly had a shipping target of 5.5 million by the end of march, but in the same report in which they announced the 3 million shipped they lowered their own shipping target to 4 million WiiUs by the end of march, so reaching the initial 5.5 milllion doesn't seem possible.



Less, considering they lowered their forecasts in their own financial statements. They'll be lucky to reach 4m as it is, looking at the rate the Wii U is selling now.



Around the Network
Lafiel said:

No, what Nintendo confirmed was, that they _shipped_ (sold to retailers) 3 million units by the end of december 2012. Only a part of that is sold through to the consumer (that's what vgchartz is trying to track).

Nintendo formerly had a shipping target of 5.5 million by the end of march, but in the same report in which they announced the 3 million shipped they lowered their own shipping target to 4 million WiiUs by the end of march, so reaching the initial 5.5 milllion doesn't seem possible.


Oh, if so then just consider this as: sale to retailers under 2.5 million by April 1st, then.



They won't make it to 5.5mil. As ppl said, they shipped 3mil meaning that retailers need to sell around 400k more units before they start asking for more shipments.

You know their is no chance when Nintendo themselves had to lower their forecast. It seem to NEVER fill their forecast lol, always coming short, so I would'nt be surprised if they fall short again with their 4mil. But 4mil is possible, if sales keep that way their is no chance, but I expect sales to pick up abit when Rayman Legends and Lego City comes out.



 

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

 

Metrium said:
They won't make it to 5.5mil. As ppl said, they shipped 3mil meaning that retailers need to sell around 400k more units before they start asking for more shipments.

You know their is no chance when Nintendo themselves had to lower their forecast. It seem to NEVER fill their forecast lol, always coming short, so I would'nt be surprised if they fall short again with their 4mil. But 4mil is possible, if sales keep that way their is no chance, but I expect sales to pick up abit when Rayman Legends and Lego City comes out.


Then will they ship 2.5 million before April 1st.

And yeah, Nintendo always over estimates their success, but still get really successful numbers despite failing their own expectations. (just compare to other console sales during same point of Life Spam, LOL)



Take a look at my comparison thread in my sig. It clearly isn't making 5.5 (not that Nintendo plans to anymore) and its highly possible they won't make their 4m target either.



Vinniegambini said:
Forecast has been cut to 4 million. Furthermore, its shipped to retailers, not sold to consumers.


this is what i came to say.  goalpost moved by nintendo so the 5.5 is no longer relevant.

new question.... can wiiU make 4million?