Darashiva on 16 February 2023
- Monster Hunter World (+Iceborne) (PS4) My rating: 9/10
- I spent roughly 150 hours playing through MHW, and I never once got tired of hunting monsters and trying to find more materials to craft new weapons and armor. I'm not sure what else I can say. Very few games can hold my interest for such a long time. An excellent game, and without question the best game in the series I've played.
- Superhot (PS4) My rating: 8/10
- A fun puzzle game with a unique gimmick and a clever twist to its story.
- Control (PS4) My rating: 9 / 10
- Remedy's best game so far. I love the setting, story, characters, and gameplay. The developer has created a world that is wonderfully twisted in various small ways, leading to a constant sense of unease as nothing feels completely right, from the way characters act to the Oldest House itself. With two very good DLC releases as well, Control turned out to be one of the better games I've played in a while. In terms of complaints, the Hiss end up becoming slightly dull as enemies by the end of the game, and the upgrade and mod systems don't feel as impactful as I'd like. Regardless, this is an excellent game.
- Katamari Damacy REROLL (Switch) My rating: 8.5 / 10
- A wonderful game to just lean back and relax for a while. Something delightfully cathartic to just roll everything in sight into a giant rolling ball of destruction. It's an utterly silly game, but the only other option would be sheer horror, so it's perfect.
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PC)
- Axiom Verge 2 (PS4)
- Half-Minute Hero: Second Coming (PC)
Games in Queue:
- Persona 5 Royal
- The Witcher-trilogy
- Nier: Replicant
- Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
- Tales of Vesperia
- Yakuza Kiwami
- Kingdom Hearts III
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
- Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Xenoblade Chronicles Remastered
- ...and too many others to list
My Twitter: @TheDarashiva
Most Recent Articles:
1. 2022 in Review: Winners and Losers
2. Video Game Discourse Has Become Stale and Repetitive