Link to the VGChartz article here.
PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs Switch 2022 Sales Comparison Charts Through December 17
Here we see data representing the global sales through to consumers and change in sales performance of the three current platforms (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch) and three legacy platforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo 3DS) over comparable periods for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022. Also shown is the market share for each of the consoles over the same periods.
Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)
Market Share (Same Periods Covered)
2019 – (Week ending January 12 to December 21)
2020 – (Week ending January 11 to December 19)
2021 – (Week ending January 9 to December 18)
2022 – (Week ending January 8 to December 17)
"Year to date" sales for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 sales are shown in series at the top of the table and then just below a comparison of 2022 versus 2021 and 2022 versus 2020 is displayed. This provides an easy-to-view summary of all the data.
Total Sales and Market Share for Each Year
- Xbox Series X|S
- 9.51 million units sold year-to-date
- Up year-on-year 2,123,903 units (+28.7%)
- Xbox One
- 0.03 million units sold year-to-date
- Down year-on-year 67,468 units (-71.0%)
- Nintendo Switch
- 18.11 million units sold year-to-date
- Down year-on-year 4,627,327 units (-20.4%)
- PlayStation 5
- 12.31 million units sold year-to-date
- Up year-on-year 452,327 units (3.8%)
- PlayStation 4
- 0.47 million units sold year-to-date
- Down year-on-year 1,915,029 (-80.4%)
VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTube. Follow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.
Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown | Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.