Alright, before I start giving hints to my list this year I might as well mention the games that dropped off for one reason or another. Five new games found their way into my top 50 this year, which means 5 old games also had to leave it.
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (#50 last year) - I need to get around to replaying DQVIII at some point as its been close to 15 years now since I last did so. It's perfectly possible that if I ever do get around to playing it again, Journey of the Cursed King might find its way back into my top 50, but right now it just doesn't quite feel like it belongs there anymore. I may have just forgotten how great it was, but for now it's goodbye.
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (#48 last year) - No specific reason for this one dropping off, besides just a number of new games getting in and pushing RE2 off. Still one of my favourite RTSs.
- Mega Man 4 (#47 last year) - My personal favourite game in my second favourite series of NES games. Sadly, the new games simply pushed it off this year.
- Rogue Galaxy (#46 last year) - I replayed Rogue Galaxy late last year for the first time in over 10 years, and while I still very much enjoyed it overall, it wasn't quite as good as I remembered it being from my first playthrough years ago. Still good, just not good enough for a spot in my top 50.
- Tekken 5 (#43 last year) - Another victim of new games and some other minor shuffling happening in the top 50. Great fighting game regardless, the best in the series in my opinion.
And that's that taken care of. Hints probably tomorrow, once I have the time to think of some.