Been a while since I last updated my list. Three new big games to add this time.
- Indivisible (PS4) (8/10) Indivisible is an audiovisually gorgeous game. The music and art style are both wonderful, and the story and characters are interesting and well-written. I think the only slight issue is the gameplay. The game combines 2D action platforming with RPG elements and turn-based combat. All the different gameplay elements are good, but none of them are really anything special. The battle system is fun, the platforming is fine, but neither is great.
- Tales of Berseria (PS4) (9/10) I have to think about it a little longer, but as of right now I might have a new favourite Tales-game. At the very least Tales of Berseria is one of the three best games in the series alongside Xillia and Symphonia. I loved the main cast, the story and gameplay of Berseria, quite possibly more than in any other of the games in the series that I've played thus far.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4) (8/10) The new Tomb Raider games have all been very enjoyable, and overall a great reboot for Lara Croft but none of the three quite reached the heights I expected of them. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is no different. A very good game, that falls just short of greatness. The gameplay is a lot of fun, but does nothing really new or original, the story is well-told but ultimately forgettable, and Lara as a character never really becomes as compelling as I think the developer wanted her to.
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PC) (9.5/10) I finally got around to replaying Trails in the Sky after first playing through it back in 2015, and it's just as great now as it was back then. The story, characters, gameplay and music are all excellent. The Legend of Heroes is today my third favourite video game franchise of all time, behind only Final Fantasy and Dark Souls, and this game is a big reason for that.
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PC) (9.5/10) Continuing from the first game, I've been playing through the whole series, and now that I have I think this is my favourite game in the whole series thus far. It picks up pretty much immediately after the end of the first game, gives each character more depth, improves on the gameplay while still keeping the core familiar, and overall just is an excellent game.
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (PC) (9/10) And still staying with Trails. This was my first time playing the final game in this trilogy, and although it is the weakest game of the three it was still a highly enjoyable experience. Swapping a pair of new characters into the lead, while keeping pretty much all of the old ones around in supporting roles, it doesn't quite reach the heights of the story that was wrapped in the second game. Still a great game regardless.
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS4) (9/10) After I finished the Trails in the Sky-trilogy, I decided to just stay with the series, and play through the four Cold Steel-games as well. This was my 2nd time playing Cold Steel 1, and it's still just as great as when I first played it. Memorable character, great story, fun battle system and excellent soundtrack are all still here. Just a few minor issues keep it from being quite on par with the first two Trails in the Sky games, but it's very close.
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS4)
- Stardew Valley (PC)