By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
WoodenPints said:

I can't say I'm impressed with the new UI at all as I generally hate UI's that prioritises having a pretty wallpaper over using the space for the stuff that is actually important. It looks like they took the main XMB of the PS4 and reduced it to 25% the size and moved out of the centre focus up to the top left which is basically the only relevant info on the home screen you need with the other 75% or how ever much it is been a wallpaper which is basically blank space.

Since they want to continue with the XMB style UI I'd of much rather of seen them just take the current PS4 UI and have it more reactive and faster than what we have seen so far.

I might be in the minority here, but I'd have lists if I could. Just lists and folders. It's not pretty, but my OCPD would be satisfied with well-sorted and well-organized folders. PS3 and PS4 are pretty good for me, but Xbox One is an absolute nightmare, with unequal sizes of panels, weird distribution, etc. sure, it fills the screen, but internally I'm screaming the whole time. 

Having a strip of icons, each one of them opening up into a subcategory, is exactly what I want.