By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

In retrospect if would have been better if Nintendo never released the Wii U, and kept supporting the Wii until the Switch was ready.

Another option would have been to do the Wii HD, make games with high and low res options. Unfortunately, the Gamepad on the Wii U made that impossible.

But software support wasn't the only blunder Nintendo made with the end of the Wii, it was shutting down marketing, shutting down support for the channels, shutting down virtual console releases, and really just leaving the thing afloat. The Wii U was only doing better than the Wii, commercially, for about a year and a half. Ubisoft supported the Wii until just last year, Mario Kart Wii is still selling copies to this day.

I was one of the 400 people who actually got the Wii U, but it very quickly pissed me off, and 90% of what I used it for was to play Wii games and Virtual console (mostly Wii Virtual console), the other 10% was Xenoblade Chronicles X and Trine 2, and a few hours of some Mario games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.