To address the stupidest concerns of this thread:
- Sony hasn't released its data through December yet. It is coming February 4.
- The figures provided for Europe from Nintendo are not "internal Nintendo estimates" they are combined figures from trackers in the major markets. When the charts say the source is Nintendo, the data includes supplementary sellthrough figures from Nintendo in addition to sellthrough data from the trackers in the major European markets.
- Nintendo provides regional ltd shipment figures every three months, while Microsoft/Sony do not. But Nintendo also provides sellthrough data in its presentations, which is why adjustments tend to follow Nintendo's reports.
- The systems are not all available in the same regions of the world, and even when they are they perform at different levels. PSP is modestly successful in numerous nations on mainland Asia...but that also means there has to be inventory in more countries than for it than for the DS.
- Microsoft's shipments are 38.7m ltd. Something like 55%-60% of that total is the Americas (sellthrough is at least 21m in the USA+Canada alone) , and ~3% of the total is Japan. The UK+France+Australia is another big chunk of the X360 total.