Quantcast
microsoft, the king of trash talking

Forums - Gaming Discussion - microsoft, the king of trash talking

heihei said: gebx said: It's taking it out of context, that MS dude basically stated that a new generation of kids are being brought into the gaming world through the Wii. When those kids grow up they'll want something else. How many 14 year old would choose Mario over Master Chief. Microsoft is stating that they'll want to get something that's not so family friendly. "Yo dude, come over to my house after school, we can play some Paper Mario after my sister and her friends are done playing Wii Sport" that happens because almost every 14 years old boys have identity problems and have to play more "adult" games, so they can fell more "adult" and be part of the group =) when you get older you go back to mario and forget master chief
BenKenobi88 and heihei - True when you get older you go back to Mario. You start looking for more substance.



Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

                   

Around the Network

That's so typical, come on now, any brat that feels like he has to prove something goes and gets a 360 it's "sicking" (I don't even know if that's a real word) WOW!, you can shoot things on a game so your an adult now!!! Great message to send! And come on what GREAT game is on the 360 where you don't A. Shoot things or B. Kill things? (I mean million sellers) And I'm sure someone is going to say "Madden" that's the only one and it's a sport, that need to quit talking trash cause they are mad about being beat by what they consider to be a inferior machine. 14-17 is Microsoft's main crowd along with all the other guys with testosterone problems.



 

  

 

Alacrist said: That's so typical, come on now, any brat that feels like he has to prove something goes and gets a 360 it's "sicking" (I don't even know if that's a real word) WOW!, you can shoot things on a game so your an adult now!!! Great message to send! And come on what GREAT game is on the 360 where you don't A. Shoot things or B. Kill things? (I mean million sellers) And I'm sure someone is going to say "Madden" that's the only one and it's a sport, that need to quit talking trash cause they are mad about being beat by what they consider to be a inferior machine. 14-17 is Microsoft's main crowd along with all the other guys with testosterone problems.
Very good post. Sony and Microsoft now realize that they bet on the wrong horse (HD, better graphics) for this generation. But it's too late for them anyway to get back in this race. Their hardware and software cannot compete with the Wii. That's why Nintendo was always saying that they won't compete with Sony/Microsoft in this generation. Nintendo has set a new standard and the "competition" has become irrelevant.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

jstam said: I used to hate playing halo2 because every 2nd game you played you would come across some 14 yr old american screaming obscenities and basically ruining the game for you. Thanks america, actually thanks microsoft for raising a generation of loud mouthed punk ass kids
First off, I'd say about 1 of every 9 or 10 Halo 2 games I play is actually full of racist bigots, most games people don't say jack outside of the occasional "fuck". Secondly, and more importantly, I've run into British kids who trash talk like it's their job, just as I've run into Canadians and Americans who are the same. Do you actually know all these kids are white, middle class american teenagers, or do you just assume this?



Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said: jstam said: I used to hate playing halo2 because every 2nd game you played you would come across some 14 yr old american screaming obscenities and basically ruining the game for you. Thanks america, actually thanks microsoft for raising a generation of loud mouthed punk ass kids First off, I'd say about 1 of every 9 or 10 Halo 2 games I play is actually full of racist bigots, most games people don't say jack outside of the occasional "fuck". Secondly, and more importantly, I've run into British kids who trash talk like it's their job, just as I've run into Canadians and Americans who are the same. Do you actually know all these kids are white, middle class american teenagers, or do you just assume this?
I have to say i played 3 games of Halo 2 online....................................awful I could barely make it through them these people were sreaming all types of stuff cursing all over the place and yelling N00B every chance they got it was a horrible showing of the Xbox live crowd, I'm not saying everyone who plays Live is like that but alot of people are.



 

  

 

Around the Network

I no they are american based on there accent. The rest is a generilazation. However even if they are british,canadian,australian or wherever, what country do they get there manifesto from?



I would say that's true of the middle school crowd. 14-year-olds have huge self esteem issues, they want to be part of the cool group, and they DON'T want to be associated with anything that might be "uncool" (according to other 14-year-olds). Unfortunately for Nintendo, they do carry the "kiddie" image. It doesn't matter if there are mature games available for the Wii, Nintendo's franchises are "fun for all ages", or, in middle-school terms, "lame". So I agree, when you turn 14 you'll want something else. But when you turn 17, hopefully you'll realize you just want to play fun games, and you'll pick the console that has the games you want to play. Note: This doesn't apply to all 14-year-olds. When I was 15, I couldn't wait to get my N64, and couldn't care less if people thought it was "uncool". I was "uncool" anyway, and had plenty of "uncool" friends.



how pathetic is that. im 17 and the wii was my only option. not because im not allowed to get the "big boi" consoles (ha, if thats what you call them. how about the rich boi yet stupid boi consoles) but because i really wanted it. screw the other systems, wii is not for babies, thats just fanboys that argue stupid shit. the wii owns. "Whoops. We must've missed that memo. And so did our parents." aparently, that guy agreed.



A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

I can see now that Microsoft has actually realised that the Wii IS selling. So on that day they decided to bash Nintendo instead of Sony. Makes a change in my book!



RolStoppable said: Alacrist said: That's so typical, come on now, any brat that feels like he has to prove something goes and gets a 360 it's "sicking" (I don't even know if that's a real word) WOW!, you can shoot things on a game so your an adult now!!! Great message to send! And come on what GREAT game is on the 360 where you don't A. Shoot things or B. Kill things? (I mean million sellers) And I'm sure someone is going to say "Madden" that's the only one and it's a sport, that need to quit talking trash cause they are mad about being beat by what they consider to be a inferior machine. 14-17 is Microsoft's main crowd along with all the other guys with testosterone problems. Very good post. Sony and Microsoft now realize that they bet on the wrong horse (HD, better graphics) for this generation. But it's too late for them anyway to get back in this race. Their hardware and software cannot compete with the Wii. That's why Nintendo was always saying that they won't compete with Sony/Microsoft in this generation. Nintendo has set a new standard and the "competition" has become irrelevant.
Can't blame them though. Wheen they produced them, they thought that it would be the asselling point. With the PS1 and 2 it was. They didn't factor in that Nintendo would flip everything with the Wii.