Quantcast
Xbox 360 Failure Rate is 54.2 Percent

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Failure Rate is 54.2 Percent

Boutros said:
dbot said:
The only thing I enjoy more than a flawed unscientific survey, is a thread devoted to one.

What makes you think it's a flawed survey? Because of fanboys that lied? That's possible but I guess it happens in every survey.

It was a reader's poll.  There wasn't a statistically relevant set of respondents.  Plus, fanboys lie.  



Thanks for the input, Jeff.

 

 

Around the Network
dbot said:
Boutros said:
dbot said:
The only thing I enjoy more than a flawed unscientific survey, is a thread devoted to one.

What makes you think it's a flawed survey? Because of fanboys that lied? That's possible but I guess it happens in every survey.

It was a reader's poll.  There wasn't a statistically relevant set of respondents.  Plus, fanboys lie.  

Yes they do.



I believe it. Every 360 I know personally has failed at least once...probably about 8 unique consoles. Pretty brutal actually.

And yes, I will still buy the next ms console lol.



"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
Manos said:
I guess I am very lucky 360 owner. I have 2 of them and both are still working fine! First one is a launch model..

Well you are part of the 45.8%. Not THAT lucky.

You're really taking these failure rates personally huh?

But I'm actually not sure I understand your post CGI...



Boutros said:
Black RL said:
I'm a 2 x 360 owner, and I will buy another one if I have to. I don't need to buy one because I have the warranty but I would buy one if I need to.

I don't see the problem. Everyone of my friends will do the same. I don't really see the problem.

We ALL would LOVE to have one that won't die (OBVIOUSLY) and eventually MS will make one (we hope).

But why would Microsoft work on making a death-proof console if no one is here to tell them that it's wrong to offer a disfunctional product?

That's why those kinds of threads should not die.

Because they are losing their ass on repairs if the previously allotted $1 billion was not enough.



Around the Network
Boutros said:
CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
Manos said:
I guess I am very lucky 360 owner. I have 2 of them and both are still working fine! First one is a launch model..

Well you are part of the 45.8%. Not THAT lucky.

You're really taking these failure rates personally huh?

But I'm actually not sure I understand your post CGI...

It's simple really, you are seeming pretty fired up over the 360's failure rate, hence, my post.

 



                                                                                                                                            

CGI-Quality said:
toadslayer72 said:
GameAnalyser said:
disolitude said:
Even if failure rate is 100%...MS took care of the problem.

Usually you get 3 months of free live and a repaired console for 3 years. So yeah...these threads need to end.

but how far each one's benifitted in the same manner is yet to be surveyed...yeah we've been hearing MS is taking care of the problems..recent one being Jasper versions, giving away free LIVE access..so on.  At this failure rate it can get tedious.

Regardless. Xbox owners may bitch and whine when it happens and they have to deal with the shitty customer support but they will continue to be 360 owners. To me that says a lot. Hey maybe MS can spin that. "Even with our horrible hardware, people still love us!"

No. That kind of stuff shews people away......Sony:: "we could sell 5mill PS3's with no games". Although that pretty much happened, their arrogance helped land them in hot water. I don't think that kind of marketing would work. And Sony was market leader when that was said, look what happened...

@ Black: It's price has also helped it outsell the PS3, let's not kid ourselves here. What if the PS3 and 360 had been the same price all along?

Well you yourself said that the failure rates shouldn't bother people and that you'd continue to buy/own(whichever) a 360 because of it's games. That's all I'm really saying, regardless of how bad the hardware is, once you are hooked to the console you will continue to want one. If it be because of the library or Netflix or whatever, 360 owners love them and are willing to take it up the rear, it's a small price to pay.



I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
Manos said:
I guess I am very lucky 360 owner. I have 2 of them and both are still working fine! First one is a launch model..

Well you are part of the 45.8%. Not THAT lucky.

You're really taking these failure rates personally huh?

But I'm actually not sure I understand your post CGI...

It's simple really, you are seeming pretty fired up over the 360's failure rate, hence, my post.

 

Oh well yeah...but I'm fired up over failure rates in general...but the truth is I'm bored and I love VG$ :P



Those are horrible numbers. The 360 is really the worst console ever in quality. Any other kind of consumer electronics product would have been recalled by now. I hope MS lost billions in trials.

How so many kids still support such a flawed system is beyond me.

I guess some of them need to get a work instead of using their parents' money. Then they would know why it's not good to buy the same system 10 times in a row.



Boutros said:
CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
Manos said:
I guess I am very lucky 360 owner. I have 2 of them and both are still working fine! First one is a launch model..

Well you are part of the 45.8%. Not THAT lucky.

You're really taking these failure rates personally huh?

But I'm actually not sure I understand your post CGI...

It's simple really, you are seeming pretty fired up over the 360's failure rate, hence, my post.

 

Oh well yeah...but I'm fired up over failure rates in general...but the truth is I'm bored and I love VG$ :P

lol....so THAT'S why this thread exists....