1) what... i posted numbers for both pre release and post release. and also averaged both. also when including all of them (even the ones after the games release) God of War is as of today, spot on, but good thing its still going to sell tomorrow, and the next day, and the next and the next, etc. Uncharted is Uncharted is absurdly under, only Gt5 is over. and thats because its been out for 8 months, and hasnt had a second Chistmas.
I would like to review your math, so I would like you to show the sub-totals, totals and workings out. You said you did the averages so you must have added them all up one by one. If you could list them in
1) How many predictions over all were over
2) How Many predictions overall were under
3) How many were within the realms of being correct (this one isn't actually necessary as it makes no difference)
Also a quote for each as evidence would be great. Remember, we are not trying to find out the average figure (i think you missed the point on this one) we are trying to find out the number of estimates which were overor under the current figures. My estimates figure only applies to one set of people at a time, combining them is only going to steal crow from the plate of those who were wrong.
2) i have no idea what you are saying. GT4 sold over 14,000 last week.
So GT4 is near level pegging with GT5?
2) i dont dont know what supposition means. but yes GT5 should add another 3-4 lifetime. and even if it doesnt all it needs is 2 million to reach the predictions, and 2.3 for post and pre predictions, something it will come close to doing by the end of this year, and will pass with in a year from now.
barring any pending adjustments on GT5, it should be around 8 million by the end of this year. by the end of next year (2012) it should be around 9.2 million, and by the end of its life it should be able to sell another 800,000 to reach 10 million. just look at any GT game and see its sales patterns
Supposition is an assumption or the act of supposing. If you're saying that if a game is selling 15,000 a week or there abouts, is going to sell 1.7m in the next 6 months and 4 million "for the rest of its life", then we should expect Fable 3, AC:B and a number of other games to hit the 7-8 million life times as they are doing the same.
barring any pending adjustments on GT5, it should be around 8 million by the end of this year. by the end of next year (2012) it should be around 9.2 million, and by the end of its life it should be able to sell another 800,000 to reach 10 million.
Right, so you are saying it is typical for games as popular or even more popular to sell 2.8 million between it's 8th and 24th month of availability. Or for example, CoD:BlOps will sell approx 5.8 million more between now and the end of 2012 as well.