Quantcast
Final Fantasy VII new TGS trailer

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII new TGS trailer

deskpro2k3 said:

Some Demonic horse thing.

Maybe that's the Odin summon?



Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Some Demonic horse thing.

Maybe that's the Odin summon?

I was thinking the same thing, but they have remained true the original designs and that looks nothing like Odin.



V-r0cK said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Some Demonic horse thing.

Maybe that's the Odin summon?

Nah I doubt it, it looks half machine and half man/horse.



I also noticed that the last boss of Midgar is in this, as in the end of the bike minigame. So they have made up to there at least.... but no Red. :(



Hmm, pie.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwwYE9T3OWk&t=1s

"I don't even have any words, man."



Around the Network
The Fury said:
I also noticed that the last boss of Midgar is in this, as in the end of the bike minigame. So they have made up to there at least.

You mean this one?



I'm not sure that's the same boss. Plus it looks like it may be inside some sort of building.

Though about "made it up to there at least", game development is not a linear process. They may have created the bike chase before they made the Don Corneo event, etc. So even if they had shown the bike chase it wouldn't really tell us how far along the development is.

Last edited by Hiku - on 11 September 2019

This trailer made the game look really fun, in a kinda stupid way, but in a very enjoyable way nonetheless.



Hiku said:

You mean this one?

I'm not sure that's the same boss. Plus it appears to be inside some sort of building, and not on the freeway.
Though about "made it up to there at least", game development is not a linear process. They may have created the bike chase before they made the Don Corneo event, etc. So even if they had shown the bike chase it wouldn't really tell us how far along the development is.

Maybe you are right but still. What I mean by made it up to there is the story. IF this first part is only Midgar, Midgar ends with that boss. Unless they do a whole big start to part 2 where the final boss of part 1 is Rufus and the start of part 2 is bike chase.

EDIT: God there feels like there will be so much filler in this.



Hmm, pie.

Mother of God !



The Fury said:
Hiku said:

You mean this one?

I'm not sure that's the same boss. Plus it appears to be inside some sort of building, and not on the freeway.
Though about "made it up to there at least", game development is not a linear process. They may have created the bike chase before they made the Don Corneo event, etc. So even if they had shown the bike chase it wouldn't really tell us how far along the development is.

Maybe you are right but still. What I mean by made it up to there is the story. IF this first part is only Midgar, Midgar ends with that boss. Unless they do a whole big start to part 2 where the final boss of part 1 is Rufus and the start of part 2 is bike chase.

EDIT: God there feels like there will be so much filler in this.

I guess they can go either way, but if it ends with that boss, then Rufus may be the 'real' final boss of Part 1. As in the Rufus fight will be the more epic battle, while the boss on the road is more of a formality. At least it may seem weird if it's the other way around, since it's just a robot with no story.

There could also be an entirely new boss after both Rufus and the robot. Perhaps this new Class 1 SOLDIER.
Since we see him on a bike already, it's very possible he'll get involved in the final bike chase as well.

As for filler, I'm sure the FF7 team genuinely want to make a lot of this. There are always things you wanted to fit in the original game but couldn't. And there are many more things you think of after the game is finished, that you would have done if you thought of it earlier. Especially when you have 20 years to think about it.
And for everything else, the process of coming up with these things are similar to how you create any new game. Except there are some boundaries they have to consider. But everything so far looks great. I was hoping we'd get Yakuza-esque mini games.

Last edited by Hiku - on 11 September 2019